Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Does the average Thai stay at Babylon anymore?

Liked

Does the average Thai stay at Babylon anymore?

I am thinking of staying at Babylon for a few days when I arrive and I noticed the room rates have gone up. They are high enough to make me wonder if the average Thai guy would waste so much baht to rent a room there to meet foreigners?

I am 60% sure that I will take the risk and stay there for 3 nights, but I will change my mind if it has become too expensive for the average Thai and is now home to Non-Thai travelers.

The last time I stayed at Babylon, I met a group of Thai guys who shared a room. They said they lived 2 hours outside of BKK and would rent a room for the weekend for fun once a month. Maybe guys are doing more of that to meet the rate increase?

I would appreciate any knowledgeable input.

These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Does the average Thai stay at Babylon anymore?

Babylon is "nice"but mostly older europeans stay there...occasionally you will run into a bewildered younger asian...but the sauna/pool complex is a lot of fun, lots of thais frequent it..real good fun.
    I tens to stay at the malaysia, cheap, lots of rent hanging around, staff don't care if you have visitors....

From what I hear saunas in the UK and US seem to primarily attract predatory old men.

It is little surprise that, in Thailand, this client group choose to take up where they left off at home.

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

scottish...you'r boring...and silly...

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    scottish...you'r boring...and silly...
    Perhaps - but the next time you visit one of these saunas, just make a little note of how many farang were attractive, slim young men and how many were 50+, corpulent, and repulsive (don't forget to count yourself in whichever group you belong).
    Then come back and tell us all.

There are none so blind....etc.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've only ever gone during the day on weekdays (only twice) and been disappointed 90% of the crowd was the "50+, corpulent, and repulsive" type Scottish describes...

But according to others here, you get more of a young Thai crowd if you go in the late afternoons, evenings and weekends when more of them are off work.

Liked

My question was about renting a hotel room from Babylon, not about the sauna itself.
    These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not sure if this is any help, but after your original question I sent messages to a few of my friends in Bangkok and surrounding areas, and all six of them said they wouldn't rent a room to stay there as you'd asked about.

Two said something along the lines of "Why? I can just go back home after my sauna time," and four said they'd rent a "locals" room to stay if they came in from another part of the country and didn't know someone in BKK they could stay with - but only two liked Babylon, anyway; they preferred other saunas.

I've only ever gone during the day on weekdays (only twice) and been disappointed 90% of the crowd was the "50+(quote)Beechlover

Nothing like being among peers!

Liked

Shouldn't the question be "Has the average Thai ever stayed at Babylon?"