Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: air tickets BKK to Phuket

air tickets BKK to Phuket

where is the best place to get tickets? I will be in BKK from Jan22, hoping to get to Phuket on Jan 23 - 29

thanks

Liked
    I agree AirAsia is the cheapest

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Liked

don't expect

Don't expect Air Asia to be on time. If you are comfortable that the plane may be a couple of hours late, then Air Asia's website fare is great. I would not use Air Asia if I was connecting with another flight.

Liked
    Agree, on-line. Check often, prices change. Sometimes Nok is cheaper than Air Asia, other times almost the same. Check and compare.

I go with Nok over Air Asia just because Don Muang is easier for me to get to. It's not pretty but it's efficient. If the price with Air Asia is a lot cheaper then I take the trip to Suvarnabhumi, but if it's not a lot, I go with Nok.

Last trip on Air Asia to Surat Thani they changed the depature times 4 times from when I bought the tickets to the departure date. They do however, send text messages, e mails and even call if the times change.

I guess you should also check Thai, Bangkok Air, PB air and one-to-go if it ever comes back and compare.

I do like the web site for Air Asia a lot more than Nok. I have had a lot of problems with Nok's web site with my credit card but now I just do 7-11 counter service and it works out fine. The problem I was having is the name of the first passenger has to be the exact same as the name on the credit card and my cc has a middle name and there's no place for a middle name on the passenger field. The card just get rejected.
    E Dok Tong

Liked
    I would have agreed with Trongpai to choose Nok Air over AirAsia, but they stopped flying to Phuket about six months ago. I don't really understand why, as they have recently anounced 6 new destinations including Lampang, Roi Et and Nakhon Nowhere...

I would have also agreed with Fattman about booking on-line for AirAsia, but why not book online with Thai Air or Bangkok Air too? The idea of buying a paper ticket from an agent seems quaintly old fashoined. I haven't done that for many years as prices are never significantly better than direct from the airlines own website - even from other on-line vendors such as Zuji, Travelocity or Expedia.
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Sen Yai
    I would have agreed with Trongpai to choose Nok Air over AirAsia, but they stopped flying to Phuket about six months ago. I don't really understand why, as they have recently anounced 6 new destinations including Lampang, Roi Et and Nakhon Nowhere...
    Nakhon Nowhere? You mean Nakhon Phanom and I just bought a ticket on Nok to go there in Jan. Staying at the Nakhon Phanom Riverview for a few nights and then heading north along Rt. 212 following the Mekong to Nong Khai.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Nakhon Phanom

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Nakhon Nowhere? You mean Nakhon Phanom and I just bought a ticket on Nok to go there in Jan. Staying at the Nakhon Phanom Riverview for a few nights and then heading north along Rt. 212 following the Mekong to Nong Khai.
    You will love it I am sure ... however be prepared to be much farther from downtown than shown on the map. This said I agree there is not much to do in Nakhon Phanom town except for some nice restaurants.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com