Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Vaccine available in Thailand

Liked

Vaccine available in Thailand

During my annual check up at the travel clinic, the doctor talked about "japanese b encephalitis" which seems a threat to long time residents in SE Asia. He talked about a vaccine, consisting of 4 injections at intervals. But also said that in Thailand there should be one vaccine requiring only one injection.
    Has anyone any experience ?

Liked

Re: Vaccine available in Thailand

This is from wiki, so can be done in two doses but no mention of just one:

"In the UK, the three vaccines used (two of which are unlicensed) which are JE-Vax, Green Cross and IXIARO (licensed). JE-Vax however has subsequently been removed from market. JE-Vax and Green Cross require three doses given at 0, 7тАУ14 and 28тАУ30 days. The dose is 1ml for children and adult, and 0.5ml for infants under 36 months of age. IXIARO the new vaccine has been produced by Intercell Biomedical Ltd and requires only 2 doses, and is currently licensed in the U.S., Europe (inc UK), Canada and Australia."

Liked

Re: Vaccine available in Thailand

In Manchester Uk a private clinic wants ┬г250 for the two shots. In Bangkok the Thai Travel Clinic, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol university, mentions less than 700 baht for this. I don't know if two of those 700 baht shots are needed but I know which I would choose. They buy in bulk whereas in the uk this is a niche vaccination.