Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thailand discovers Ebola vaccine

Thailand discovers Ebola vaccine

Press conference Thursday - can't wait - http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/new ... 9290010001. And it was discovered at Siriraj Hospital so it's clear that a recent in-patient was really there to lead the research team. Or at the very least inspire them.

Liked

Re: Thailand discovers Ebola vaccine

Yes, I hear that peer review was done by the General...

Good that the Thais have somewhere to play doctors and nurses while the grownups get on with the job

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    Good that the Thais have somewhere to play doctors and nurses while the grownups get on with the job
    Yes, lol.
    Note that it wasn't a vaccine at all nor was it a cure. It was a theoretical treatment with antibodies that they tried on a totally different virus. Also, it is not even possible for them to test it on real Ebola since they do not have a level 4 biosafe test facility anywhere in the country to do it!
    When I saw the report on Thursday my mind wondered to that great Doctor scene in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest:

[youtube:29rflnc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH4NRIDjRjk[/youtube:29rflnc8]

Has there been any update on this exciting discovery? I'm hearing news that travellers from the measles-ravaged USA may have to undergo quarantine before being allowed to travel internationally.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    Has there been any update on this exciting discovery? I'm hearing news that travellers from the measles-ravaged USA may have to undergo quarantine before being allowed to travel internationally.
    They will probably be allowed to go to Cuba directly though.
    There are reports of many and willing well-hung boys in Castro district, Havana.
    Now is the time for the Yanks to fly to Cuba from an airport of their choice!