Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOUBLE SHOT BAR

Liked

DOUBLE SHOT BAR

DOUBLE SHOT BAR so after 2 daya its been shut ever since.. so did double shot = open twice then shut down ???? what a waste of money and time ..
    but fair enought to the owner if the cheap charlies in sunee dont want to pay my prices they can go else where ... good business idea there !!! only 20 other bars within a 20 meter radious ..
    get set for yet another CORNER BAR opening soon ....
    why bother to open a bar if you dont care ? and why piss the staff off on the first night ?? ask the boss ... he knows how to make money ..

Liked

Re: DOUBLE SHOT BAR

It could be that they didn't have all their t's crossed before they opened the doors to the general public.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

from what i over heard all the staff walked out ... not a great start is it ?

Liked

It has always been a mystery to me as to why the Corner Bar, which is seemingly in a prime position, should be forever opening and closing.
    Surely it can't be just put down to bad management.
    At first, I thought that perhaps it's actually not in a good position, as there are so many beer bars you can choose as you walk up the soi. But then the bar next to it and the ones right across the soi always seem to be busy when the CB is basically empty. Yet it should also be able to trap guys walking between the 2 sois.
    Are the staff to blame? Unfriendly? Unattractive? Uninterested in serving the customers?

ask the boss ... he knows how to make money ..
    To give credit where credit is due, I agree with you totally on this one. But it would only work if the owner were ready to listen to his customers requests and try a few innovative things.
    What separates the CB from its neighbours? There doesn't seem to be anything in particular to make it stand out. It's just another beer bar.

Maybe another owner should be found, but this time one who is willing to take a bolder approach to the business, and perhaps a few risks. That was the key to Happy Place's success.

Oh, and one more thing. As a gay man attractive, friendly guys are the key to everything. I have sat in the bar next to the CB (All of Me??) on a number of occasions and only once or twice has a boy come and sat with me. All us poor farangs are left sitting alone looking into the soi while the boys chat happily amongst themselves. Same with the bars in the other sois. They welcome you with a big smile, deliver your drink and rush back to their friends. Don't the realise they have some horny guys sitting there, many of whom are after an off??

I'm just happy I'm not really a drinker and so do not spend hour after hour in these bars.

Liked

hi a447

you ever thing maybe the boys dont want to sit with a old , over weight, ugly boring customer ????????????????'

money or not or off or not, they just dont fancy it :dontknow:

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    hi a447

you ever thing maybe the boys dont want to sit with a old , over weight, ugly boring customer ????????????????'

money or not or off or not, they just dont fancy it :dontknow:

If that were the case there would be no boys working in the bars.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Yep, paperboy, I'm a realist. I think about that all the time. Why would a handsome fit, young and often straight guy want to spend time with someone like me who is none of those things. I doubt any of the boys in the sex industry in Pattaya "fancy it." They are just good actors, some better than others. They provide us with a fantasy for a period of time and then go back to their normal lives with their true friends. Unlike some on this board, I have no delusions about what is taking place.

I may be wrong, but I thought the boys working in the beer/host bars were supposed to sit with the customers and encourage them to keep buying drinks. Perhaps they aren't, but if I were running a bar, I would expect them to do exactly that.

And I always thought that they were offable (although I've never offed one) and that they were there to find a farang and make some money, just like the gogo boys. And that the bar made money through off fees.

I've heard that beer bar boys can decide if they want to go with a customer, whereas it is more difficult to refuse if you work in a gogo bar.

And of course, manforallseasons is correct.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    It has always been a mystery to me as to why the Corner Bar, which is seemingly in a prime position, should be forever opening and closing.
    Surely it can't be just put down to bad management.

What separates the CB from its neighbours? There doesn't seem to be anything in particular to make it stand out. It's just another beer bar.

Oh, and one more thing. As a gay man attractive, friendly guys are the key to everything. I have sat in the bar next to the CB (All of Me??) on a number of occasions and only once or twice has a boy come and sat with me.
    Forever is a long time! Corner Bar had two American owners over the period of several years, Gary followed by Michael who managed it well and attracted many customers due to their personality and willingness to engage with their clients. That same cannot be said for the next owner, Eddie, a Belgium. Hopefully the new owner (also a Belgium ?) will reverse the decline of CB under it's new name Double Shot. The location of Double Shot/CB with access on two fronts makes it ideal for sitting and enjoying the scenery. Other bars often place their chairs into the soi which is not necessary with Double Shot.

The bar adjacent to Double Shot is Sky Restaurant and Drinks which is quite nice and the owner does make his presence known to his guests.

Liked

almost empty again tonight ... lets be honest its a loss ... everyone on here knows the corner bar .. most of us still call it the corner bar .. so why change the name ?
    i sat in the green chair bar tonight .. a bar with a very unfasionable group of people running it and was far happier in there rather than double shot ..
    5 or 6 guys in uniform !! do you need uniform in a beer bar in the slum called sunee plaza ? ( thats a joke for the hi-s0's on here )
    it now looks like a hospital waiting room rather than a bar ... the owner has it as a hobby we are told . some people have strange hobbies.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by timmberty
    5 or 6 guys in uniform !! do you need uniform in a beer bar in the slum called sunee plaza ? ( thats a joke for the hi-s0's on here )
    it now looks like a hospital waiting room rather than a bar ...
    Maybe that was the plan , to make it the final waiting room for all the old expats in Pattaya ? We can all die peacefully after a double shot....