Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Big Buddha day

Big Buddha day

Its Big Buddha day in Thailand.....my bf and all the people in his village went to the temple early this morning

Liked

Re: Big Buddha day

But what is the deal with alcohol today - 7/11, Family Mart and others wont sell any, but on the beach at least beer was available. Do they open bars today later or will they stay closed?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Bars closed, 7-11s wont sell it and niether will supermarkets. They will lose thier license and get a big fine. Those selling on the sly may get away with it.

Liked

Yeah, no alcohol allowed today. Today is for meditation & reflection. If you really want some alcohol, just go to any of the small mom & pop shops around, and they'll all sell it without problem. Just the big names (7/11, Makro, Tesco, etc.) won't sell.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Yeah, no alcohol allowed today.
    Very strange, I had no problem to get alcohol at bars and restaurants in Bangkok for dinner tonight on Makha Bucha Day. However, there will be a ban on alcohol unfortunately next weekend because of the election of Bangkok's Governor!

Yes today is a public holiday....places like schools closed....i asked my bf what he was doing tonight and he said just having a meal with his family

Liked

A walk round Boyztown and Pattayaland this evening showed all Farang gogo bars to be closed but numerous Thai owned ones open for business.
    Even had the callers outside, but no neon lights on. When the doors were opened boys could be seen and music heard...
    Theres a rule for one and a rule for the others...TIT.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It may have been what I used to do. We wold be open and selling juices, soft drinks and boys would be dancing. Many just close for the holiday and say screw it but we were always open. I have no idea what they do tough now that I have left.We used to do very well as so many places would just close.

Liked

UK residents who buy The Guardian will find a magnificent photograph of monks at Wat Phra Dhammakaya on Makha Buddha day. If you are in Thailand, you can turn to the DMC channel and watch similar scenes.