Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cameras and Photogaphy

Liked

Cameras and Photogaphy

Whist this is way off the general subject guidelines, is there anyone here that can PM on buying in Pattaya , DSLR cams. or suggestions on other brands that may be a good purchase for a beginner.
    My Thai other half (mid 30's) wants to take up photography as a hobby and wants to buy himself a reasonably priced cam that will start himself off.( Something like Canon D650.)
    Read up plenty of info but would like to hear of personal preferences and experience as the readings go a bit above my head and definitely his!
    Hope someone can help.
    Thanks

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Cameras and Photogaphy

Hi. Certainly not off guidelines or topics as you opened the thread. Hope you get the answers you are looking for. :hello2:

Liked

I make my living from photography in the adult entertainment industry. Until a year or so ago I had always used Nikon equipment but I then sampled Sony's new range of translucent mirror cameras. Their USP is, in a nutshell, that the mirror in the camera does not need to pop up out of the way for each shot because light passes through it. As a result the number of possible shots per second is dramatically increased - very useful in action photography or in my own line of work. There are several other novel and useful features too.

I now use the Sony Alpha 55 (a55), generally with the standard lens that comes with it in the package. I would recommend it to anybody and suggest that your friend includes it in the cameras that he considers.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Could I ask, Marsilius, how the Sony Alpha 55 performs in low light/night time conditions where it is not possible and/or appropriate to use flash? Especially action shots - such as, for example, a night time parade at one of the many festivals. A lot of the pictures I want to take in Thailand fall within this description and I'd be prepared to buy a camera on the basis of really good low light performance alone.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    I now use the Sony Alpha 55 (a55), generally with the standard lens that comes with it in the package. I would recommend it to anybody and suggest that your friend includes it in the cameras that he considers.

Thank you for the info. Greatly appreciated.
    Looking at al the pamphlets I have got from Tukcom, it would seem that the model you quoted is not there. It jumps from alpha 57 to alpha 65 with the megapixel levels only being in the 10-12 bracket. They have a new series called NEX where the MP is 16.1 but those four new models are an assortment of just body, body plus etc!! All very confusing.
    I just get the feeling that my partner is going to be lost before he has started!! :glasses7:

Liked

Ceejay, I don't take the sort of photographs that interest you so cannot really comment - but you can take a look at a few samples from the very thorough independent review www.dpreview.com website here:

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/revie ... ew-samples
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

How about some samples of the kind of photographs you DO take?

arty

Liked

I'm not sure that the Boss would approve of posting them here... :redfaced:

You can, however, find many examples on one of the websites I regularly produce work for, www.hmboys.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You are fine to post if you want to. Geez I am not this strict!!!

And well all have Kleenex handy