Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Should news of pedophiles that are caught in Thailand be shown on SGF?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 57.58%
  • No

14 21.21%
  • I dont know

3 4.55%
  • I believe we should just leave it to other media groups

11 16.67%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: News of Pedophiles Caught in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

POLL: News of Pedophiles Caught in Thailand

Should news of arrests on pedophiles be displayed on SGF? You may change your vote and all votes are confidential

In the USA persons caught with underage boys as in this case have thier picture in the papers, on the iternet sex offenders websites and sometimes even on trees and lamp posts. A person who induldges in this type of behavior runs the risk of being caught and everyone knowing. I don't read the newspapers or listen to Pattaya People TV cause there is just too much bad news. Sometimes I pick up a news article here or there and reprint it for those people who are the same as me and bring some news articles to the forum to discuss. Fair to say I think 95% or more of the members of the forum also deplore such behavior and many want to know especially those in thier home countries who visit Thailand on a regular basis but do not read Pattaya One.
    This is a forum and open for discussion on things going on in Thailand.

Re: POLL: News of Pedophiles Caught in Thailand

Funny kind of poll - where the person sponsoring the "poll" is allowed to include a fairly lengthy public statement clearly seeking to influence the result.

:occasion9:

Liked

will the result of the poll be binding or is it a pointless exercise?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    will the result of the poll be binding or is it a pointless exercise?

As Neal has said "This is a forum and open for discussion on things going on in Thailand."

The fact that it goes on should not be swept under the carpet.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

While I myself do not feel it should not be swept under the carpet, I do believe that almost everything I have done with this forum have been either for the good of the forum or/and what the members have asked of me. The answer to your question is that it will be seriously discussed between a few of us and the results will be a major major decision maker.

Ainamore, nobody is seeking to sweep anything under the carpet - everything of that nature posted here is regurgitated from elsewhere, nothing is original, new, or even breaking-news.

If you find this kind of material interesting then bookmark http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/ - for your daily fix of lurid stories. Currently they have a story about two 4yos getting engaged, I'm surprised it hasn't been re-posted here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ainamor
    The fact that it goes on should not be swept under the carpet.
    I think the point is that whilst no one is denying that it goes on do we see posts here about every other (straight / female / and or A.N Other person) who is charged with such crimes posted here - no, usually not so it appears that theres some sort of permanent unconscious linkage between the words and worlds of Gay and Pedophile which is the perception we should work to put an end to.

Gay people are no more pedophiles than straight people might be - straight or gay a pedophile is a pedophile, same same, and yet somehow these types of situations always always seem to end up being reported as if in some way it has something even vaguely to do with or might be of "special" interest to gay people in some way perhaps more than straight people and that is the part that I can and should be viewed by the gay community in general as slightly offensive and our answers to these stories should be more " and WHY exactly are you telling ME this?"

This "confusion" also then leads the lets say less enlightened straight community to continually confuse THEIR perceptions between the difference between the word "gay" and "pedophile" causing and continuing homophobia - and if WE can't distinguish as to why these sorts of stories should be of no more interest to us than any other random item of news on the TV of an evening then how can and why are we surprised when the straight community cannot make that distinction either.

I would say all of the above is intended as a general overview type comment and I guess the only reason a story like that might appear here is if a lot of people might know the person involved and that's then not so much a gay straight thing but just more pure and simple gossip just like you would see if the local straight bar man in your favourite bar was charged with some crime I guess and rushed here to report it - which in itself is a bit sad and gossipy anyway and the person should look at their lives and maybe should think about getting out more !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Insults will get you nowhere SG. A story about some idiotic husband and wife saying thier twin boy and girl are to be engaged has nothing to do with the gay community so bringing this up as to why it is not posted here only goes to down play the seriousness of this discussion and poll. As far as the other comments, the stories are new, they are news and there are other stories that re reprinted here and on other forums so that people do not have to go to them and can get some news that pertains to our community right here.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And if some of know him why shouldn't we post it so that others know what he does and make an effort to be a friend or stay away?

Liked

Well...the 4 year olds are not a gay couple.... :sign5:

I have to go with Neal on this one. I do not spend time looking for Pattaya news...or Thai news for that matter. When someone comes across an article that might interest members, I don't see the harm in posting it. And as many of us spend time in Sunee plaza during trips, it certainly is relevant. For example, the article on the mamasan. I have seen her many times and actually spoken with her a couple of times. (And the subject of underage was never even hinted at).

Without someone posting, I would never have known about the allegations.

Now, a random pedo arrest with no implication that any tourist areas are involved...I don't care so much.