Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrest for Thai Supplying Children Under 15 in Sunee Again

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Arrest for Thai Supplying Children Under 15 in Sunee Again

A 21 year old Thai Man was arrested by officers from the Police Region 2 Child and Women Protection Unit on Wednesday afternoon in East Pattaya, accused of providing underage boys to foreign patrons situated in Soi Sunee Plaza, South Pattaya.

The suspect would provide the boys, for a fee, and they would provide sexual services for the foreigners in return.

Khun Boonchoi aged 21 was arrested at his house in Soi Neun Plub Wan just after 1.30pm on the strength of an arrest warrant which confirmed he is accused of providing boys, under the age of 15 to foreign patrons for the purpose of sexual services, in exchange for money.

It is thought Khun Boonchoi has been providing the illegal service since early last year. He confessed and will appear in Court to answer to a judge in due course.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Arrest for Thai Supplying Children Under 15 in Sunee Aga

I think congratulations are in order to our esteemed members who keep re-posting this type of news story.

They will no doubt be glad to know that the constant re-hashing of these lurid stories (which anybody who is strangely interested in can easily read at source) has contributed to SGF now being ranked in the top 5 Google results under the search terms "underage boys pattaya" - and yes, I did actually search it to see if my suspicions were right.

The only possible comfort is that Gaybuttonthai ranked #2, Baht Stop #4, with SGF "trailing" at #5.

No doubt the actual ranking would vary hour by hour but the pattern and the message to the world is clear - if you want to read about underage boy sex in Pattaya, these fora are the places to look.

I rather think that all the gay forums could do without attracting this sort of attention, and without this sort of totally unnecessary content - IMHO. I appreciate Neal is trying to be liberal in his moderation policy but what exactly do these stories add to the forum?

Liked

Why ? Because this is news!
    This is an open forum , are you going to close your eyes to whats going on in Sunee ?

For us travellers to Sunnee , we woud like to know that the Police take action on this underage traffic .

Sunnee should be a safe place for everyone that are looking to have a good time with people over the legal age.

Quote Originally Posted by loke
    ....For us travellers to Sunnee , we woud like to know that the Police take action on this underage traffic...
    You didn't know that the Thai police (rightly) take action against people procuring underage boys for sex before you had read it on SGF?

You had to learn or have that reinforced here - on a gay forum?

And by means of regurgitated news from elsewhere?

Which planet do you live on?

Liked

What do these net surfers find when they come to this forum....that a vast majority of the responses from the gay community condemn this behaviour.

If that was all that the casual observer found, that would be fine and dandy - except that in the minds of many out there, the terms "gay" and "paedophile" are synonymous and no amount of expressed outrage on gay fora will change that ingrained attitude.
    The fact that such stories appear regularly and some posters seem to positively relish posting the re-hashed details, only adds fuel to that particular fire.

But, apart from that, you are completely overlooking what else these surfers will find:

They will find a bunch of middle aged or elderly men discussing the "boy" prostitutes they hired the night/week/month before, how much they paid them, and how compliant in bed they were. Also tips and hints of where else to go in the world to find even cheaper and more compliant "boys". Now, whilst we know that the term boy is used very widely in Thailand (and on this forum) - the casual observer will probably make very different connotation.

If it was up to me (which it obviously isn't), these re-hashed and lurid stories would be banned.
    If some forum members have either a morbid interest in them or get a perverted kick out of reading them, let them do it elsewhere.
    This type of content adds nothing to this (or any other) gay forum, and anybody who thinks that this gay forum will gain kudos from condemning the actions alleged in these stories, is being extremely naive.

:occasion9:

Liked

It is not always the case, but this time I wholeheatedly agree with SG.
    That kind of topic should remain where it belongs and not on this forum.

Liked

I agree with SG on this one, for the reasons he articulates. Lots of other sources for this kind of "news"
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Well I disagree, being gay is normal and paedophilia is not so older members on this forum shouldnt worry too much .

Even if its bad news , its good to know that the police are cleaning up the area.

Not every member are expats in Pattaya.