Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jomtien beach changing fast

Liked

Jomtien beach changing fast

The beach is not same anymore as used to be, many sections (well in gay area near toilets & whitehouse) have lots of layback seats some upto 50% of their section now, its obviously a case of supply & demand, i see many families & breeders in gay section now & russians im assuming as they are the new fashion for the thais, but my point is why our section or is it same all over the beach now from end to end?

i love you, i miss you.............. i lie you

Liked

Re: Jomtien beach changing fast

I am sure it is pure economics.

If there was enough income from the gay community for the vendors to make a decent living they would have been happy to keep the beach area as it was. But when some farangs eke out one beer to last them all day it is understandable why the vendors look for income from a more free-spending source.

For what people are saying, it seems clear that there is not enough gay custom to keep Dongtan beach the way it was, not enough gay custom to keep the Soi 3 hotels the way they were, and the gay bars are having to adjust to an increasingly mixed crowd.

At the risk of inviting the usual "BT is dying" comments - it just doesn't look good, does it :dontknow:

If we put it (even partly) down to the economic situation, half the gay punters will be dead by the time it turns round - the UK at least is now in a triple-dip recession.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No it does not. I had a dinner meeting last night with a part owner of a gay friendly complex and were talked about it for hours. He has hopes and I (?) well let's say I think the best years of Pattaya were yesterday. His plans are for revitiltalization and my visions are that it ill be very difficult. I believe we need to adjust to the fact that the numbers while non existant for gay people is that the figures are no longer the same and bars, hotels need to adjust to the fact that area may not be "exclusively gay". Sure there will still be some that will be able to hang on while others go to a mixed crowd. There will be those that staying gay while others trnsform will be more popular now because of this. But to keep the number of bars, beach sections, and hotels etc exclusively gay will be very difficult. Numbers go down, changes must be made unfortunately. No Pats will not die but it will change with the time.

My "prediction" is that more people may find anothe locale like Siem Reap but then in 5 years it may boom same like Pats and then another 10 - 15 years be destroyed like Pats. Who knows? Nobody has a crystaal ball. Enjoy it for what it is.

Liked

Yes I very much agree with the contributions here. During my regular visits to Pattaya I am often on the Dongtan gay beach, sometimes alone and sometimes with my boyfriend "du jour" and have seen over the years the encroachment of families, couples and even single females onto OUR beach. A few years ago if this happened the "offenders" would quickly realise their error and relocate. But of course like everyone else I realise that Pattaya is changing and there is now a huge number of Russian visitors and Asian tour parties.

Liked

I live on the beach and my view is that of a full time resident. Yes, I agree those sections that one defines as the "gay" beach has incurred erosion with families and straights, but I see this as a high season phenomenon. In just a few more weeks all should return to normal. I sit near the"white house" and Samboon's and the incursion there is much less. The sections there fly the "gay" flags but many of the Russians seem clueless where they just located or don't care and it is the Thai nature that all are welcome. One of the more recent changes is the number of young gay Thais looking for farangs is diminishing. Seems like connections now are made on Grindr, Jack'd, Gay Romeo, etc. and there is no pressing need to go fishing at the beach. I must say there are a lot of rather young attractive gay Russians that sit nearby and are quite easy on the eyes. They stay to themselves, travel as groups and they sure love the earlier mentioned white lay-back chairs.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    If we put it (even partly) down to the economic situation, half the gay punters will be dead by the time it turns round - the UK at least is now in a triple-dip recession.
    Not so. A triple dip recession will only have occurred if the current quarter, ending on 31 March, records negative economic growth.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 89228.html
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

My apologies, you're correct - I jumped the gun - the UK has only had a double-dip recession and is currently only half way to a triple-dip recession.[/b]

The great news today is that the completely politically unbiased CBI says it looks like the UK might avoid a triple-dip recession by the skin of its teeth.

When this news reaches Pattaya, I'm sure LCR will put on a buffet in the Soi, hang out the Union Jack bunting, and lead the crowds in rousing choruses of "Land of Hope and Glory", followed by "There'll Always Be an England"

Rejoice! Rejoice!

:occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U
    The sections there fly the "gay" flags but many of the Russians seem clueless where they just located or don't care and it is the Thai nature that all are welcome.
    What a silly thing to say that this is Thai nature that all are welcome. As a businessman, if my part of the beach is only half full, am I going to reject money because someone is not gay and wants to sit in my section? No, all will be welcome because money is the bottom line. If the beach vendors could replace us gay folk who only pay minimal at half full, with straights who fill up the entire section and pay minimal, what do people think they will do? They will say goodbye to us homosexuals and we will need to find another place on the beach to fill up.

You're right Diec - but isn't it strange how many people think a bar owner should be content with his bar being only 1/2 full with gay customers and will attack him if he allows/encourages str8 customers to come in and spend some money to keep the place open!

:occasion9: