List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the Russians bring their gay hatred to Pattaya?

Liked

Will the Russians bring their gay hatred to Pattaya?

With the increasing multitudes of Russians in Thailand, particularly Pattaya, and the power they are wielding, will they try to import into Thailand their gay hatred which is evident from what is taking place in their own primitive home country?

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/01/twen ... -gay-bill/

Liked

Re: Will the Russians bring their gay hatred to Pattaya?

I don't know what you mean by 'import into Thailand their gay hatred'. At a personal level it's always been possible for a gay person to be scowled at, insulted or, in extreme cases, attacked by an uptight farang in Thailand. I doubt whether Russians are any more likely to do that than any other nationality. Beyond that, what can a homophobic farang (or group thereof) do? Make changes to Thai law, change Thai attitudes to gays? I hardly think so.
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Liked

The power of money can change a lot of things without any of it becoming official and the Russians have a lot of rubles to spend.
    [color=#800080][i][b]I AM BUTTERFLY![/b][/i][/color]

Liked

I noticed more and more guys on GR and Grindr stating "no russia" in their profiles

After witnessing the behaviour of several groups of young gay russians in NAB/Dave... i am not surprised that their fellow russians hate them!

It must be an awful headache for management to have to put a permanent security guard near their tables to prevent them from trampling on the Thai guys, knocking over tables or refusing to pay their bills!

The worst part is when they try to steal the boy you are with!

Mercifully it seems they have not yet discovered Idol!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

There are now so many unruly Russians (and sometimes the women are worst) starting to frequent Gay Venues in Pattaya that many existing Farangs will soon decide that they have had enough of their loutish behaviour and stop coming to Pattaya for their annual holidays.

Some Expats may also decide that enough is enough and start living elsewhere.

You can see the problems already at the Discos (as described above) and De Boss has described events at his GoGo Bar when the Russians arrived after the show had ended. Many gogo bars now refuse to allow check bins for Russians and demand payment for drinks upfront.

Even Sansuk Sauna now has large groups of Russian visitors.

Sunne Plaza has it's Arab pincer movement to contend with.

Boyztown and, to a lesser extent Jomtien, has the Russian problem, Sunee has the Arab problem and these two elements (rather than anything else) are likely to end gay Pattaya as we know it.

Liked

Ah egel, thanks for the prediction of the demise of gay Pattaya as we know it. Is it already a month since the last prediction of its demise? :occasion9:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hi Joe. In response to the post above of yours and Egel, I can't help wondering if the more proper way to explain what Egel wrote was that he predicted the demise of Pattaya as we expats living here know it. We see it in Boyztown, Jomtien Complex and Sunee Plaza as well as Jomtien Plaza the influx of many Russian folk and the problems this transition has brought with them. Of course I can understand my fellow expats when we see the beaches that were always exclusively gay turn to Russian families, hotels the same and the bars and other places. I cannot say where but just the other day I was in a restaurant and there was a large Russian contingent for some celebration. They were pretty bousterous bringing their own candleabra and candles and somewhat loud freinds. I was riding my scooter down the pathway on Jomtien Beach talking to a freind, about 2 1/2 feet between us when a Russian woman tried to sueeze through when there was room for 4 or 5 to walk on my other side. Getting pushed, I said she was rude and then listened to her and her freinds crap as she went away in a huff as she had to stop and go around on the other side. No I have witnessed the demise of Pattaya as we know it but no, it will never go away.

I can't help wondering if in 5 or 10 years, Siem Reap will be the next Pattaya without the beach. The boys seem less spoiled and people just so freindly and laid back similar to Chaing Mei when I have visited there. Personally I would move Siem Reap tomorrow if they had a dialysis doctor and machine but I know that while I will never see it, Siem Reap will one day see the same fate as Pattaya but I think it is safe for about 20 years.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    Personally I would move Siem Reap tomorrow if they had a dialysis doctor and machine but I know that while I will never see it,

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/342036
    A poor man from the Qutang township of Jiangsu Province in eastern China, Hu Songwen built his own dialysis machine because of high medical prices. Diagnosed 20 years ago with kidney disease, hospital prices quickly emptied family savings 13 years ago.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 ... z2J8Um82xp

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Dab I certainly appreciate your research and suggestion and know that I can even buy machine but the thought of a) stabbing myself all the time and b) ordering, storing and keeping all the supplies needed and c) there are times that my blood pressure dips dangerously low and that's what trained nurses and even the doctors are for d) coimng up with all the numbers of what temperture and amounts of impurities to remove, how to decide when to increase what they call dry body weight and such all really bothers me. I would rather rely on trained nurses and a doctor that are specifically trained for this or I would have purchased a portable machne already.
    Again thanks for the links though.

:love4:

Liked

Neal wrote:
    I said she was rude
    Actually, if I recall correctly, you called her a "fucking Russian cunt," to which she innocently replied:

"I'm not Russian." :sign5:

Neal, on the lack of a dialysis machine in your new favourite part of the world - Siem Reap - have you thought about buying a machine for the hospital? I know it would mean a little less for B and his family when you finally reach that big gogobar in the sky, but you might as well enjoy your money while you're still on the planet.

Up2U, of course, but just a thought.