Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other Thai Forms of Disrespect

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Other Thai Forms of Disrespect

How about we start making a list of other known forms of disespect but these forms of disrespect to the Thai hosts and their culture who some of us forget that we are their guests. Do you and your freinds honor them and try to pass them on to others?

Liked

Re: Other Thai Forms of Disrespect

There are farang who use the word "fuck" and all its variations, usually in a loud voice, at all venues where anyone in proximity can hear it. This is not just in Thailand but in their home country. Very disrespectful.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Oh, fuck!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    How about we start making a list of other known forms of disespect but these forms of disrespect to the Thai hosts and their culture who some of us forget that we are their guests. Do you and your freinds honor them and try to pass them on to others?
    Yes lets do that. One of my friends who teaches at a hi-so school in Bangkok says that two of the things that offend the parents of his kids are visible tattoos and farrang who openly associate with prostitutes and attend go-go bars. God knows what they think about farrang who own go-go bars.

Liked: 1

People who wear singlets when visiting restaurants.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Loud motorbikes. Not only disrespectful but illegal. Go check out the country or Caambodia and they are all quiet.

Bisbane Guy: Your humor is just so fanominal and entertaining. I really think you would be an asset to the Bitch Board. Don't hold back, go there and give show them what you got!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    Oh, fuck!
    Cochon! :hah:

Liked

IтАЩm not sure if this qualifies as тАЬdisrespectтАЭ, but it is something that I donтАЩt like to see. It is peculiar to Bangkok because it concerns boarding the Sky Train. In preparation for boarding the Sky Train Thai people form two orderly queues (a line) on the painted areas on the platforms indicating where the carriage doors will be. Most foreigners will realise that they too are expected to queue (join the line) like everyone else. But time after time I see foreigners, mainly farang, simply ignore the two lines of people and walk right up to the front, empty, middle area and board the train first when it arrives.

You can see from looking at the Thais in the queues (lines) that they are not happy about the queue jumping farang, but they are too polite to say anything.

Oh, and IтАЩve just thought of another example, the custom of removing your shoes before entering certain premises, especially where you see a collection of shoes by the door or, occasionally, a sign saying quite clearly, тАЬPlease remove your shoes before entering.тАЭ. I have seen farang ignore the signs and enter premises, such as my eye doctorтАЩs surgery, still wearing their shoes when everyone else in the waiting area is bare foot or wearing socks.

Surely when in a foreign country it is respectful to follow local customs, especially when they are not unduly arduous.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    Bisbane Guy: Your humor is just so phenominal and entertaining. I really think you would be an asset to the Bitch Board. Don't hold back, go there and give show them what you got!
    Your hi-so contacts tell you something different Neal? Thats phenomenal. Will you share it with us?

Liked

Brisbaneguy wrote:
    One of my friends who teaches at a hi-so school in Bangkok says that two of the things that offend the parents of his kids are visible tattoos and farrang who openly associate with prostitutes and attend go-go bars.
    Maybe you should have another chat with your teacher friend and ask him how on earth the parents would know such things. In a village school, maybe, but in Bangkok???
    Does the farang bring his working girl to parent/teacher nights?? Where else could he "openly associate" with someone and be seen by the parents of the kids at the school?
    And unless the parents also attend the gogo bars, how could they possible know what the farang teacher does out of school? Does he tell the parents? Does he tell the students, who then go home and tell their parents??

I think your teacher friend is having you on. Either that, or he doesn't exist. :sign5:

God knows what they think about farrang who own go-go bars.
    See above.