Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coloured People in Thailand

Liked

Coloured People in Thailand

While in Perth I meet up with an old black friend, he asked me how Thai's will treat a Abo his words, (black fellah) in Pattaya as he will be visiting me next month.
    I told him most Thai's don't care what colour you are, but I and the farlang will called you coloured.
    He told me I was A bloody cheaky white fellah.
    COUPLA TINGS YOU ORTA KNOW.
    FIRSTLY,
    WHEN I AM BORN, I'M BLACK.
    WHEN I GROW UP , I'M BLACK.
    WHEN I GET SICK, I'M BLACK.
    WHEN I GO OUT IN THE SUN, I'M BLACK.
    WHEN I'M COLD, I'M BLACK.
    WHEN I GET SCARED, I'M BLACK.
    AND WHEN I DIE I'M STILL BLOODY BLACK.

BUT YOU BLOODY WHITE FELLAH'S

WHEN YOU BORN YOU PINK.
    WHEN YOU GROW UP, YOU WHITE.
    WHEN YOU GET SICK , YOU GREEN.
    WHEN YOU GO OUT IN TA SUN, YOU GO RED.
    WHEN YOU GET COLD YOU GO BLUE.
    WHEN YOU GET SCARED, YOU YELLOW.
    AND WHEN YOU DIE, YOU PURPLE.

AND YOU GOT THE BLOODY CHEEK TO CALL ME COLOURED,,,,,,,

Then he laughed his head off, then bought me a beer.
    and told me we gonna have a bloody good time, when this boody Abo queen gets to Pattaya.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

the colour purple...

The Color Purple is a great movie and book and some of my best friends are purple.. Or it that pink??

Friends

Some of my friends each fish - often on Fridays. Does this make them Roman Catholics? However it certainly gives the lie to the notion that fish is brain food - how many intelligent Roman Cathoilics do you know?

Liked

Re: Coloured People in Thailand

[quote="Monty"
    Then he laughed his head off, then bought me a beer.
    and told me we gonna have a bloody good time, when this boody Abo queen gets to Pattaya.[/quote]

Does he do the chicken dance as well.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

On Homintern

On Loyalty: The uses and abuses of a complicated virtue

National Review

, April 5, 1999 by Roger Scruton

Mr. Scruton, the philosopher, is author most recently of The Intelligent Person's Guide to Philosophy.

'If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country." E. M. Forster's notorious words were published in 1951, after the Second World War. But they remind us of the period between the wars, when so many of Forster's upper-class literary friends became agents and fellow-travelers of the Communist party. When people like Burgess, Maclean, Philby, and Blunt betrayed their country, their choice was not between their country and their friends, but between their country and its enemy. Nevertheless, it was with romantic images of friendship that they justified their conduct. In the homosexual circle in which they moved-the "homintern," as W. H. Auden aptly described it-the image of "the friend" had a special attraction. The friend was the symbol of the only loyalty that mattered, a loyalty that was private, secret, nurtured in opposition to the world of normal people. All rival obligations-to spouse, parents, family, and country- counted for nothing, being merely the philistine requirements of middle-class bores.

Of course, it may be doubted whether the members of the homintern actually experienced the "higher" loyalty that inspired them. Their homosexual affairs seemed romantic only because they had to be concealed; in reality, the homintern were as fickle as any dealer in second-hand goods.

What mattered to them was not actual friends, but an ideal of friendship, whose charm consisted in the fact that normal society could not live up to it. Measured against this ideal, King and Country lost their claim to obedience. And to show their contempt for King and Country, the homintern threw in their lot with the Communists.

For the complete article (OK, you can only find the real article in the forum's archives):
    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... 2#continue

Liked

Have we run out of things to say about Gay Thailand?

Have we run out of Gay Thailand issues?
    It appears as though this thread has little to do with Thailand, all be it this fellow is allegedly going to Pattaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty
    I told him most Thai's don't care what colour you are, but I and the farlang will called you coloured....... and told me we gonna have a bloody good time.....
    IтАЩm a firm believer that the source of racism is a general lack of education.
    The above statement seems to support this theory.
    You are a great guy, IтАЩm sure MontyтАж.but this thread you started is crap and belongs in the toilet.
    тАж.and, that was a great boat cruise you organized back in April, wasnтАЩt it?

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    how many intelligent Roman Cathoilics do you know?
    Trolling for trouble again Colonel?
    I know most intelligent Roman Catholics can at least spell Catholic, unlike you.
    J.F.K comes to mind, if indeed to are really talking about CatholicsтАж..and Pope John Paul II, Pierre Elliot TrudeauтАж.and if I were to go on would only belittle you by your inappropriate statement.

This thread should be moved to the Global Forum, unless someone can actually relate it to Gay Thailand, beyond its side reference. Better yet, the Toilet Forum if it existed.
    Remember, some of the people you are laughing at to their expense are members here.

Sadly

Surfcrest

Pink Sows!

In Shanghai, friends who are opening another restaurant to cater to Aussies and other Westerners told me last visit that it is easy to rope in customers, and minimal work required to meet their needs. They said that it is not like preparing a banquet for humans, but more like slopping hogs, as long as the trough is cleaned regularly.

I reminded them that this kind of racist attitude is antithetical to the government's aim of increasing the flow of tourist dollars to China. They shut up instantly. From the start, it was apparent that there was no point in discussing ideals of human relations with them.

Homintern's lack of sensitivity is a foregone conclusion. However, the attitudes that belong in a bygone era - and highlighted in the remarks of Monty are less understandable unless he wishes to attract like-minded people to his businesses.

Boygeorge, why boycott? Please do retire at Monty's Bed and Breakfast. You may be intellectually a pure match for this segment of the Aussie brotherhood.

Men of color such as myself can have a better time when gay and other bigots are isolated at a particular and indentifiable set venues in Pattaya and Bangkok. Perhaps we should post a list of gay and gay friendly businesses in Pattaya and other cities in Thailand where black and other men of color are targets of both loud and quiet racist comments tolerated and even engaged in by business owners.

Re: Pink Sows!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargaze
    Perhaps we should post a list of gay and gay friendly businesses in Pattaya and other cities in Thailand where black and other men of color are targets of both loud and quiet racist comments tolerated and even engaged in by business owners.
    I wonder how many of these bigots, especially those that see jokes and snide comments at the expense of 'coloured' races to be a source of humour have the guts to repeat their comments face to face.

Methinks very few!

Liked

Homintern's antiques roadshow ...

Quote Originally Posted by sathorn2
    " ... in reality, the homintern were as fickle as any dealer in second-hand goods ... "
    . . . and to think all this time I thought Homintern was just another run-o'-the-mill fat bald old (antique?) cunt.
    A nation of shop-keepers, indeed ~ (WARNING: "Irony Watch" :ky: ... Napoleon being bigoted against the damned English ... who invented bigotry ~ for everyone else.)

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Black people used to be called coloured people, I got a load of abuse on here once for calling an oriental "an oriental". I'm not racist, I just think people need "educating" when it comes to race, irrespective of whether one is black, white or even pink.