Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are your favorite people-watching spots in THAILAND

Liked

Where are your favorite people-watching spots in THAILAND

When visiting BKK and with free time during the day, I enjoy people-watching. I think the Thai people are mostly a beautiful and handsome people. One of my favorite trips to people-watch is to take the BTS to CENTRAL WORLD for lunch, a movie, or shopping. You see a lot of people at the BTS station, again on the train, again at the SIAM or CHIT LOM stations, on the walk to CENTRAL WORLD and again inside the mall. It is also a short walk to SIAM PARAGON for even more people watching inside and riding the escalators up to the movies or down to the food court.

As it begins to cool in the early evening, I also enjoy walking through LUMPHINI PARK.

Where are your favorite people-watching spots? (excluding the bars, saunas and discos)

If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Liked

Re: Where are your favorite people-watching spots in THAILAN

Mine used to be Dongtan Beach a few years ago when when customers comprised 60 % older farangs (including me ) 20 younger and 20 Thai boys (some in speedos and available) Now 80 farangs, 15 families and females, 5 Thai boys.
    Now I enjoy the terrace of the Ambiance, Boystown in early evening and the coffee bars at Tukcom during the day, where I often spot boys I have offed.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

First I think this should really be broken up as to whether you were talking about Bangkok, Pattaya or where ever else. But as you did not, I will add on that when I used to be able to sit out half the night people watching I really enjoyed the terrace at The Ambiance.

Liked

I find it's great, finding a place where there isn't a lot of other farangs....where it becomes a two way street in the sense that you are watching them and they are having a good look at you.

While in Bangkok this week, I took the time to check out the pool at National Stadium (not far from the OP's favorite areas) and not only are there some very interesting views at the pool....but there is also quite a bit happening around the pool. Right now the Muay Thai championships are set up in front of the complex and directly beside a Thai market. I took a wander through there yesterday and even bought a few things at Thai prices...dirt cheap. I'm not sure if they get a lot of farang visitors, but I had a few Thais coming up to me with big smiles and uttering what few words of English they knew. And the magic you see in their eyes when you give them the time of day and engage them back. Sparkling eyes, a big Thai smile...it really can brighten the day.

These are moments you can enjoy throughout the Kingdom if you take the time to stray a tad off the beaten track (in this case, for example, not really all that far) and to engage the Thais....of all ages, with a big smile of your own. It can be a big country with plenty of interesting things to see...many that other farangs aren't typically visiting and through incidental encounters such as the one I just described come interactions that could lead to something else more....intimate.

Surfcrest

Liked

Walking street and beach road are always interesting (in Pattaya). In Bangkok, all major BTS stations or bus stations.

You have to distinguish locations where you can sit and drink or eat, just sit, or have to stand or walk for people watching.

Thanks for the tip with the pool at National Stadium, didn't know about that, might have a look next time I am in the area.

Liked

Another new found favorite for me is the Olympic Club, a fitness center located on the 8th floor of the Pathumwan Princess Hotel, above MBK and next door to the National Stadium.

The gym was full tonight with some of the best looking Thai guys I have seen in one place in a long time. There were a few girls working out, but by far the vast majority were guys. With so many mirrors and so many curious members, there was quite a bit of obvious cruising going on.

The hotel does not allow guests coming up to the rooms of the Pathumwan past 10:30 PM, but security and screening is down below on the Ground Level (street) and the 2nd Level (MBK) and so it wouldn't be difficult to meet someone at the gym and later take them up to the suite without drawing any concern....and security is probably on the watch for commercial trade (dressed as they usually are) and not so much the affluent boys, wealthy enough for a respected gym membership.

Had I not had a dinner date tonight with a guy I met last night at Chak Ran, I'd probably be entertaining a rather attractive one I met at the gym tonight. Possibly tomorrow.....

Surfcrest

P. S. the admission price for the National Stadium pool is 100 baht 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM.

Liked

Thank you. Great information and the exact reason I read this forum. I appreciate your information and suggestions.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by adman5000
    Where are your favorite people-watching spots? (excluding the bars, saunas and discos)
    After the excluded locations, it has to be Jomtien beach.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji
    After the excluded locations, it has to be Jomtien beach.
    Really? This is where this thread and the "Where can I find daddies" thread are interchangeable.

Surfcrest

Liked

The Corner bar takes some beating through its five 'windows'.