Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya, where people hang out at night?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pattaya, where people hang out at night?

When ever I go to Dontang Beach Jomtien, I do see some nice ice candy...ages 30-50, fit, farang that are here on holiday. (True, Pattaya basically attracks the fat, retired farang that wants a skinny, fem typ under 22 yrs. old.,) I wonder where does this 30-50 year old age bracket go after sunset? I do not see that many of the age group hanging out in Boyztown. If they are like me, they are looking for a decent gay bar or a gay dance club. Which there isn't (sorry, NAB is for groupies who want to stand around a table and dirnk whiskey, not like DJ Station.) Pattaya just has go-go boy bars and the so called "gay bar" is a place for hooking up with a money boy. Where does everyone go?

Liked

Re: Pattaya, where people hang out at night?

BF and I have visited a couple of clubs on Walking Street. MIXX club (at the far end of Walking Street, by the pier area) was PACKED on the times we visited. Not a "gay" place in the mold of NAB by any means, but has a dance floor and some decent music. Not sure if much of a chance for hooking up. I have had the occasional smile and even a cheers / glass clink or two, but more of a place just to dance.

I would guess they are finding fun in areas that are not solely "gay" places.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya, where people hang out at night?

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    If they are like me, they are looking for a decent gay bar or a gay dance club.... Pattaya just has go-go boy bars and the so called "gay bar" is a place for hooking up with a money boy. Where does everyone go?
    You may as well accept Pattaya's the wrong place to go if you're looking for that...

As for where people hang out at night... I'm not 30 yet but I took my partner there for a brief couple of nights earlier this year and at night we mostly hung out and had a few drinks at the hotel bar (Drift at the Hilton) or chilled out on the giant balcony. There's no real appealing gay nightlife in Pattaya for us.

I've been to NAB twice, once with my ex who I also took there but it's pretty much as you describe it and the crowd seems to be mainly working Thai boys and farangs who are there for them, though there were a few exceptions, which I met. It doesn't get going until pretty late too.