Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Farang Boss injured May 27th in Indonesia Earthquake....

Liked

Farang Boss injured May 27th in Indonesia Earthquake....

This posting appeared today on the Any Other Country Forum Board...I have copied it here so Sawatdee Friends of Farang Boss will not miss it...
    My hope and prayers are for both Farang Boss and Yogie for their full recovery from their injuries. Thanks to the original poster Rancid Minge for alerting us.
    I have added a link to the newstory about the 6.2 earthquake in Java Indonesia...killing 2,500 and more...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12995142/ .

TravelerJim
    www.tjinsurance.com .

Farang Boss injured in Indo Earthquake

Farang Boss and his partner Yogie were injured in the 6.2 scale earthquake that hit Yogjakarta this morning

Both the Boss and Yogie were spending the holiday long weekend at their Yogja home near the main airport when the quake hit just before 6am this morning

The injuries sustained are not life threatening and occurred when the ceiling and walls of their bedroom collapsed on top of them

Both sustained broken legs and arms as well as concussion

I have been in telephone contact with them from Lombok and the Boss asked me to let some of his friends on this forum know

More information as it comes to hand

Tj

Liked
    Best wishes to a speedy recovery for FB and Yogie. I hope that the casts and bandages do not hinder the rumbly-bumply too much.

Traveller Jim....are they travelling under one of your insurance policies. What ever I hope they are well taken care of.

The poor people of Indonesia must really be questioning their kharma with all that's happened over the past year+.

Karma chameleoon

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    The poor people of Indonesia must really be questioning their kharma with all that's happened over the past year+.
    If they had any sense they be questioning the whole concept of karma

elephantspike
    This news is shocking. It really makes this latest earthquake up-close and personal because it has affected one of our more visible members here on this board.

Farang Boss recently contributed a series of articles on Indonesia in the Any Other Country forum, including some really stunning photography.

I just deleted an inappropriate comment above. We do have our differences on this board, but when something like this happens, I think most will agree that the only decent thing to do is to wish the person a speedy recovery.

Liked

Re: Karma chameleoon

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    If they had any sense they be questioning the whole concept of karma
    They do - most are Muslim so what happens is "Insha'allah."

Thank you

to all the members who expressed their kind wishes to both Yogie and myself after the recent tragedy in Yogja. I had planned on leaving this forum (and will at a later date) by not posting here again but I felt the need to personally thank those who sent messages and SMS to me

Also a BIG thank you to my sister Donna (who chose the very apt name of Rancid Minge) to report our situation

Both Yogie and I are back safely on Lombok - a little sore and sorry - but OK

Yogie has a broken ankle and his wrist is very badly sprained (no jokes here please)

I suffered a little less than he did so I wont burdon you with details

Our poor little house is a wreck but nothing that a bit of hard work and morter wont fix

The scope of the disaster cannot be explained to those who have never been thru a similar experience. 9/11 or Tsunami survivors will probably equate to the situation

To put it into a perspective that members here can appreciate - Pattaya would be flattened. Not just some of it - ALL of it. No building or home would be left standing intact

I have asked some friends in Yogja to take pictures if they can (without getting in the way of rescue operations) and if this happens I will publish them here. I will be back in Yogja on 7 July and intend to make a more thorough report with pictures at that time if people here are interested

I wont tell you exactly what we were doing the moment the earthquake struck -needless to say the earth really did move for us. :cheers:

Lets hope that Mt Merapi does not add to the suffering by blowing its top in the next few days or weeks

Once again thanks to all for your thoughts and kind wishes

FB

Liked
    Thanks for the update FB. Glad you're both relatively unharmed.
    Given that Yogie's injuries are the more severe, I'll presume he was on top the moment the earth shook. It must be re-assuring to know he had both gallantry and foresight to assume top position, so as to shelter you from more serious injury ~ a fact that no doubt endears you to him all the more:-)

I hope the hotel venture hasn't suffered to great a set back. But at least the important things - yourselves, have survived in tact. Get better soon please. You're might be thinking a lot just know... just concentrate on what's important in your life, and stick with that. You don't need the trappings. I think you've already found what makes you happy.
    Dick

Liked

???????

Quote Originally Posted by Dick
    " ... Given that Yogie's injuries are the more severe, I'll presume he was on top the moment the earth shook.
    It must be re-assuring to know he had both gallantry and foresight to assume top position, so as to shelter you from more serious injury
    ...."
    That's one of the most bizarre conclusions I've come across in quite some time.
    If there was a reasonable head-shaking smilie in the list I'd surely use it. This one will have to do ... :confused3:
    Whatever ..... !?

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Smiles...
    We were told by sister Donna (aka Rancid Minge) in another thread that FB and Yogie were injured by the ceiling that fell in on them. Yogie got the broken bones, FB suffered less severely. Not too hard then to picture that the earth not only moved, but the sky fell in on them as well!
    Foresight and Gallantry are words that still chuckle in my mind:-)
    Dick