Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Notes from a very recent trip. Pattaya/Bkk

Liked: 1

Notes from a very recent trip. Pattaya/Bkk

When I give a trip report I find myself repeating most the info from previous one's as I usually stay in the same accommodations. So just some updates.

Baan Dok Mai still excellent place to stay. Huge rooms on top floor for Bt850, great owner Warwick who is approachable regarding any issue of the guuesthouse and Pattaya in general. Rooms with huge TV, DVD etc.

Mosaik still top notch in quality and service. Room had large TV, DVD, microwave, cooker with cooking utensils etc.. great when the bf wants to rustle up a quick meal and of course reheat the stuff from Wat Chai he didn't finish the previous night!

Just a follow-on note regarding booking here as discussed in another thread with Nirish guy. There are alot of spaces for bookings even at peak times, talked with Nong about this and if you have any flexibility on dates, just email your max/min dates and ask what is available, you will then (hopefully) get a choice.
    Also worth noting about Mosaik is that unlike hotels where you have to check-out by 12 noon on your leaving day, with Mosaik they leave a full day between bookings, so you have until the office closes to check out and leave your room..that's about 5.30pm.

Highlights were in Pattaya...
    Last trip I noted Toyboys had taken a turn for the better, well that has continued and even improved on, there was a large selection of guys here from femme but more in the handsome catagory, and a couple of 'stunners'. If you are visiting the bars just to off a boy definitely give Toyboys a chance, they were also very busy with customers the night we went. Funny Boys too had a large selection of guys and again one or two very handsome/cute guys there.

Happy Place continues to be consistant with regards to everything there. Sat with owner M a couple a times, and the bar was lively, one visit with Siberian Asian females (according to the waiter) who were having a great raucous time with the dancers and that fun element spread amoung the rest of the customers, still a good bet for a fun time.

I would also recommend Oscars if you are looking for a nice, cute guy to off. There are a few new guys here, a couple of the sunee cuties, and all very interactive with customers. About 12.30am the boys had accumulated three half finished bottles of whiskey, a Red, a Black, and a Piper donated by customers leaving and turned things into a little party, great fun and laugh when they joke with eachother and got invovled with paper/sissors and a dice! some genuinely nice guys here. Panorama usual good crowd and good waiters. Again very few Russians here compared to previous trips.

Best single visit to a bar was in sunee however. As I was heading along soi VC to get a songtaew to Jomtien late afternoon, Beer of Nice Boys stopped me for a chat, he said that he had lots of new guys and that the fun element had been 'upped'. Owners and mamasans often try to get you in with the same type of info, but he was very sincere/serious when talking to me, so later that evening i popped into Nice Boys, what a surprise! It was the busiest bar i have ever seen in the last 5 years in Pattaya, i managed to squeeze into a seat on the right as you come in the door, ALL seats were taken by customers and boys with them. Huge amount of boys both on stage and going around the bar. My previous visit there a few days earlier had mostly man-boys but this visit was a REAL mix of femme, ordinary and man-boys all plenty in numbers. And there was a real fun vibe to the place. Could have taken a few of the boys there. Also despite being so busy, the service was spot-on with the waiters alert rather than just playing around with friends, great visit. If it is still the same I would highly recommend a visit here. Oh and didn't see any dubious aged boys there either!

Didn't manage many visits to late nite clubs as my bf was learning to drive on this visit and we had to be up at a reasonable time most days to accommodate that. But we had a great time at Stardice in north Pattaya. We went early 10.30pm and it was packed with Asians, Korean, Japanese having a whale of a time, they REALLY get into the vibe there, odrinary folks dancing on the podiums etc..I was the only farang as far as we could see, very few Thais all Asians from other ASEAN countries. Whilst it closes after 3am, most of the fun stops about 1.30-2am which is ideal if you want a reasonable time for heading home. Great show and band with dancers like Hollywood, and great DJ with different tunes more in line with Korean songs, which was good for a change to the normal DJ stuff. Great place for a change of scene.

Hollywood was it's usual full to the brim the night we went, still good vibe and show/band, pity about the same/same/same DJ tunes you hear every other place.

NAB...ok for us as we had our own company to enjoy, but both visits it was half full, show ok, joking katoey ok, Coyotes ok, DJ good. All-in-all we still enjoyed ourselves. Very few westerners/russians this time.

Tried a couple of Walking St clubs/pubs one night on this trip. Insomnia..a bit boring really, nothing special..just foreigeners looking to hook up with Thai girls, Lucifers...excellent band but again other than than a bit boring too, had heaps of middle estern guys sitting around the edges of the place nursing a coke, beer or nothing at all leering at the Thai girls available on the floor. We had a Thai girl friend with us and she got fed up knocking back approaches from men there, and many non-too subtle with their opening line! Walking Street Pub was a bit more lively because it's smaller, everybody dancing here in the area near the DJ, lots of glass chinking, but again really for foreign males looking for Thai ladies....

Enough already...........I'll make a little Bkk report separately.

Liked

Re: Notes from a very recent trip. Pattaya/Bkk

Thanks for the very useful update. As we're approaching the season when many if us will be jetting off to Thailand, I'm sure others will also be grateful to hear of your experiences.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Yes NewA Nab is like that a lot of nights --mores the pity - the fickle gay thai crowd are going to Idol

Dave is doing ok -smaller floorspace so easier to fill

Did you try Step or MC2 on that visit ??

Last nite i came very close to that 12am threshold @ Mc2 -- given that i had only went out at 5am (first to Step then Mc2 -both very busy at those unsociable hours )--it is still only an average nite out -- but the 11am morning sunshine is a killer -- there were so many dazed zombie facial expressions from the people as they exited -us included 555555

Quote Originally Posted by martin911
    Yes NewA Nab is like that a lot of nights --mores the pity - the fickle gay thai crowd are going to Idol Dave is doing ok -smaller floorspace so easier to fill Did you try Step or MC2 on that visit ??Last nite i came very close to that 12am threshold @ Mc2 -- given that i had only went out at 5am (first to Step then Mc2 -both very busy at those unsociable hours )--it is still only an average nite out -- but the 11am morning sunshine is a killer -- there were so many dazed zombie facial expressions from the people as they exited -us included 555555
    Yes I can confirm just about every waiter, bar staff member or friend aka....the 'fickle gay crowd' said Idol was now the in place. Because my bf had driving lessons we really didn't get out much to the early morning club scene. We were at Step up but again, only in the downstairs venue with the live band.

Didn't make MC2 however....but if i had remembered it was open till 12 noon, i could have got the bf's driving lesson set for 8am and given myself a few hours at MC2! Jesus martin, just heading out at 5am to start your evening/morning??....the only way I could keep up with that is by having a nights sleep and getting up early 7-8am to catch the last few hours at MC2! Whiskey, water and ice breakfast....sounds great though! I certainly remember the morning sunshine, it's always a shocker...... as we came out of 7th Hole or somewhere, with three of us on a motocy driven by M the owner of Happy Place heading back to the hotel just as normal folk were heading out to start work at 8-9am!

The amazing thing being that i can actually remember those times. When I drink only whiskey all night and dont mix it with beer or wine, i never get sore heads or felt sick next day. I used drink only whiskey and water, and drink a glass of only water every 4 refils, and then a whole glass bottle of the kind they serve in the clubs just before leaving....that did the trick! never had a problem, still works a treat today.

Not that much to say about Bkk, nothing really new from last visit in July.

Stayed at Bally's Silom again at the start of my trip. For a two night stopover in Bkk Bally's is ideal. Rooms nice, modern, and internet access, breakfast is fairly basic but enough to start the day if you are up early enough. Of course it's ideal for Soi4, Soi2, and Twilight, Patong etc.. and Sala Daeng BTS, however if I was ever to stay longer in Bkk i probably would'nt choose here.

Stayed at Tarntawan last 3 days of trip. Usual top notch service, room service Thai and western food excellent contrary to some comments over the years. Bf is very fussy about his thai food but says that it is always delicious here.

Soi Twilight was as usual busy with Asians. Outdoor bars not packed but steady. Didn't visit the agogos but a steady stream of Asian customers going into Boys Bangkok and Hotmale. Soi 4 packed to the rafters, Soi2 very busy at all the clubs/bars there. DJ was it's usual self, quietish 11.30pm-12.30am then packed later. The show was quite good especially when the katoey comedians pick members of the audience to humiliate/have fun with. Plenty of available boys on all floors. Lots of non-thai Asians here as well.

The silom pavements from Patpong to Soi 2 now are turning into a joke after 8pm with the amount of encroachment by the stall holders nowadays on the walk way ridiculous, it seems to get worse on every visit. Some bits there is only room for ONE person to pass. Quicker to walk on silom road at the back to the stalls.

One of the nights went to Tam Nan Kon Issan on Nattariwat Rd not too far from Chong Nonsi, 5-ish minutes taxi from Silom. Had a great time here. Great mix of mostly thai groups and couples but lots of katoey and gays there too. Very flirty rest room attendants. As it was an Issan style club there was the usual Issan style show and songs, but also the band and DJ played as many pop, rock songs in the mix as Issan ones, so there was def something for everybody. We elected to have a Singha beer tower for a change and along with a few Thai dishes still came in at under Bt1000 for an evenings fun. We left about 2.30am but it was still going stong and customers arriving as we left. Huge place with both ground floor tables and an upper terrace with more tables which were all taken, we had wait before a great space was found in front of the DJ box overloking the lower ground floor so great view of show and what was going on around...which was plenty! Recommend here going with a Thai friend for a change from the usual Silom/Suriwong attractions.

With regards to Stardice in Pattaya and Tan Nan Kon Issan in Bangkok, i've had a couple of messages asking me specifics so i'll just mention them here.

Both places are not really pick-up joints in the same way as DJ station is in Bkk and the clubs in Pattaya can be.

Tam Nan Kon Issan, Bkk is a place where you could not really go alone, you would be ignored. You need to go with Thai friends, dates or whatever. Gay is not an issue, there are heaps of bunches of gay boys together as well as many, many katoeys. If you are with Thais who are only friends and you are not hooked up there is most definitely potential for hook ups, no question at all, but you would need Thai friends to act as 'go betweens' if the target of your attentions does not speak good english or if you are not fluent in thai. The night I was there i was hooked up already, but when I went to restroom alone I was approached normally with an english opening line, hello..how are you? hi where u from? etc.. One table of gay lads near the toilets just asked blatently if i was alone...lonley? but all in good spirits and fun! I saw only one other farang here who was with a thai female but his actions hinted at an experienced chap in things Thai.

Stardice in North Pattaya, likewise while huge like old Xyte and full of Asians esp Korean and Japanese is not a pick-up joint. The bunches of Asians while very exuberant and outgoing cling to eachother like Khao Nieow/sticky rice. But there are many handsome and cute Asians so the eye candy is top notch. We just go there for a change of scene and enjoyment with our own company of 4 or 5. Many gay lads love Korean songs and artists and the evening as all about that. It's nothing like NAB or Dave Man etc.....but again gay absolutely not an issue, the waitresses joined in with our fun most of the night, and we did get quite a few 'hellos' from other Asian customers. The DJ, songs and dancing is not so club beats orientated just nice Korean and japanese popular anthems, lots of songs we had heard before but not known the artists. Also western classics in the mix.

On the subject of hook ups, I have already advised on other trip reports, but just a reminder for newbies etc.. .if you haven't found the ideal boy for you for the night by the time the agogos close or say by 1.30am - 2am, just take a slow walk along by the eateries at Wat Chai, as if you are looking for something to eat, there are lots and LOTS of gay bar workers and friends eating here after work, and many still in hook-up mode. Some will approach,but if you see a guy in the company of others you like, it's not going to be an issue to hook up, all the guys here at this time know the score and wont be concenred if a friend finds a last-minute farang. One of the BIG surprises for me is the actaul amount of very cute and very attractive boys not offed from the bars. Also boys from both the Boyztown bars AND the sunee bars congregate here, so a wide choice of types. I pass here most nights I am in Pattaya alone or with my bf and friends and every night is the same....busy!