Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiang mai report

Liked

Chiang mai report

Armed with the map the hotel provided, I went for a walk looking for a couple of the gay clubs. Unfortunately, i wasted over an hour searching as the map is not very detailed. In the end, I found nothing. I then went off to an internet cafe and managed to find the Circle Pub and Freeguys club very easily. They are , in fact, just around the corner hidden away is small sois not mentioned on the map. The location of the Gemini massage place, however, remains a complete mystery.
    I wandered into the soi in front of my hotel - the Lotus- looking for a place to eat before hitting the bars. I stumbled across a restaurant just a few doors down from ther hotel called the Spirit House. It's run by a very friendly American guy. The restaurant itself has a beautiful garden with an ancient stupa. IThere is also a shop attached which has an eclectic collection of Thai artifacts and antiques.
    The owner sat with me and went through the menu. He recommended noodles with chicken in a hot curry soup. It was absolutely delicious. I have decided to make a permanent booking at the table out front!
    After dinner, I walked a few metres to the Adams Apple Club. It was only 8:45 but the guy out the front said it was open, so I went in. There was one guy sitting at the bar. I ordered a beer - 240 baht! Shit, that's a bit expensive, I thought. Especially as it was dead - nothing happening and no boys in sight. I went down to the toilet and was about to walk out the door when a guy who worked there struck up a conversation with me. He assured me things would liven up around 9:30 and told me about the show. "Can see lots of big cocks," he said.
    I decided to stay.
    At 9:30 about 15 boys appeared on stage just like a normal gogo boy club. They were mostly quite nice looking and some had rather prominent bulges in their jocks. But they didn't appear very interested and did not make eye contact.
    Within no time, the bar filled up with customers - mainly Thais in groups. One boy I had my eye on went and sat with one of the groups. So he's gone for the night, I thought.
    The show was ok - as promised, lots of hard cocks on display. I noticed that the guy I had spoken to was in the big cock show. Mmm...maybe I should have paid him more attention. But after the show, it was back to watching disinterested boys shuffling on stage. I decided to leave and went up to the counter to pay. Suddenly, the boy I had my eye on earlier came up to me and put his arm around me.
    "Two beers, please," I said. "I'm not going anywhere!"
    He sat with me and we talked for quite a while. He then suddenly got up and went away somewhere. I was looking around and saw him chatting to a guy at the bar. He was hugging him. He came back and said, "Sorry. I go with him. He off me." I was stunned. I thought I had made it clear I wanted him to come back to the hotel with me, although I stupidly didn't say it clearly enough; we were just talking and it came out in our conversation that I was interested.
    So off he went. It was closing time - 12:00 pm - and I was suddenly in a panic. I had found myself going home alone! Horrors of horrors! As I walked downstairs I met up with the guy with the big cock.
    I immediately offed him.
    Back in the hotel he had a shower then walked out into the room with this beautiful piece of manhood hanging down to his knees - ok, a bit exaggerated perhaps. He bottomed for me and was fantastic.
    After the deed we went outside and started talking out on the balcony. Well, we spent 3 hours out there chatting. He is very well educated and could talk about Thai and world politics, economics, the Royal family (he loves the king!) and gay life in the bar. What a revelation. I know, I know. What's he doing in a gay bar? Well, he has a day job and the bar is a bit of extra money.
    He told me that there are only 2 Thai gogo boys - the rest are Thai Yai (Shan).
    Tonbight I'm off to a different bar, but will probably go back to Adams Apple for him.
    Will report tomorrow.

Liked

Re: Chiang mai report

Quote from post above removed. Unnecessary

I like this kind of stories, who knows, but maybe you have just met a new friend. :happy7:

"He told me that there are only 2 Thai gogo boys - the rest are Thai Yai (Shan)."

Sounds like you're having fun - against my suggested advice of a life of probity and celibacy i see, TUT TUT !!! :-) lol

Re your above please excuse my stupidity - but what is a Thai Yai ( Shan) bar please as I don't know and thought I would educate myself a bit more about that by asking ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe those are bars that mostly mountain boys work at.
    Gemini Massage there is a map on thier card but not in Englishwww.geminimassage.net 053 404146 and 089 7580512 open 10 - 2 I liked it.

About Gemini

48/1 Gemini Hatsadisawee Rd., Chiang Mai (See Chiangmai Map 6D.)

Tel : (053) 404 146
    Mobile : (089) 758 0512

I loved Free Guy so many manly men!!!
    I did not like My Way, show was far too long and at times stupid. Every other one was drag and one a guy with a big cock came out and banged his dick on a string to the rythym of the song. Wow! Boring!

Liked

I have visited CM twice and both times, most of my time was spent exploring the city and surrounding sights using a car/driver. When I did head out to the bars on my own, I found the atmosphere very different with minimal interaction with the staff. I visited each bar and never offed anyone. I got the strong impression they were not used to talking to or seeing Farangs. I sat in one bar quite a while wondering when someone was going to take my drink order. Just very very different than PTY or BKK. But I really enjoyed sxploring the city, enjoying the night market when they close the street off, the museums, the restaurants and Beer Gardens, and the nightly massage in the square outside> I never made it to any of the male massage places. I found it an awkward city to find your way around.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Liked

I agree with Adman. I'm in Chiang Mai at the moment and having a good time, visiting waterfalls and mountains, wandering the markets and watching my boyfriend pray at every temple we see (that's lots!). I find his devotion touching.

However, one thing that this fascinating city doesn't offer is a commercial gay sex scene that is aimed at falangs. Last night, I slunk away for an hour and had a drink at the Garden Bar opposite Adam's Apple. Memories! fourteen years ago, it was hard to find a seat there. Fifty plus go go dancers. A real buzz. But once it closed, the scene, for me at least ended. The other bars never appealed.

Liked

To find Gemini go here then click the link for a pop up map.
    http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/c...ng-mai/#gemini The entrance is small so can be hard to spot. It's next to a big drink wholesaler - see Google streetview pic below Gemini is the purple coloured building with the wooden archway entrance. It's a 10-15 minute walk from Lotus Hotel and roughly across the street from the New My Way soi. BTW Hot tip - if you are in that part of town be sure to visit Akha Ama coffee http://www.akhaama.com/. It's in the same soi as New My Way (at the other end and other side). Great coffee and a popular hang out for gay ex-pats. The owner, Lee, is a delightful young Akha guy.

Both Free Guy and Circle Pub can be hard to find in the daytime as they are both hidden away. At night they both roll a big illuminated sign out into the main street which is easy to spot.

And sorry to be pedantic but it's Tai Yai not THAI Yai. Tai referring to the Tai ethnic group of people, and Tai meaning big, or greater Tai. Nearly all the working guys in Chiang Mai's Go-Gos are Tai Yai as I think a447 already discovered. Though New My Way has a few Lisu boys too.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

Liked

I went to the Circle Pub at 8:45. Went in and sat down in the semi darkness. Not a customer or a boy in sight. I ordered a beer (220 baht, I think) and suddenly a very handsome boy came out of nowhere and sat with me. His name is Aek. He flashed a beautiful smile. Instant hard-on. (Me, not him!) "I in shower show. Have number 1 big cock in bar," he proclaimed. Suddenly he became even more attractive. But sitting there with no other customers, no boys and, of course, too early for a show, I decided to leave and go to Free Guy.
    I went inside and, surprise of surprises, I was the only customer. A few disinterested boys were sitting about but not many. I ordered a Heineken (240 baht, I think) and sat there for about 30 mins watching the big video screen. "Mmm..time to go to Adam's Apple," I began thinking. Then the manager came up to me with a book of photos of the non-existant boys. "They come later," he said. I spotted a handsome boy in the photo and commented on him. "He good boy. He do everything. Can fuck him. He come later."
    Then an extremely handsome boy came and sat with me. He spoke very good English. But the manager told me later he was already taken.
    He went to get something to eat and suddenly the boy I saw in the photo album came and sat with me, told to do so by the boss I imagine. What a disappointment - he was full-on fem. Not my type. But I didn't know how to tell him I was not interested. he sat and massaged my hands for a while then he got the hint and left.
    The show started late, as there was only 1 other customer. By the end of the show - lots of hard cock, but uninspiring - the customers had swelled to 5. The guy who had gone to eat then introduced me to his brother. He was a bit of a cutie, so he sat with me and I offed him.
    Back in the room we started drinking and chatting. He showered and got into bed. When I came out of the shower he was laying there with a beautiful long hard cock waiting for me. But when it came down to the serious business, I was a bit disappointed that he would not sa-moke me without a condom. Now from his point of view, I understand completely. I'd do the same in his position. But this is only the third time a boy has insisted on a condom.
    I'm now off to try and find Gemini massage. Thanks, guys, for the help. I hope I can report on it later.

Me and my bf....had a week in Chiang mai last year...we stayed at Club one seven ...very nice place....some of the best staff service i've ever had anywhere....but only down side is its quiet far from the bars and had to take long tuk tuk ride's everywhere....The city is great and really liked the zoo...i found the bar scean a bit dissapointing..if you are used to bkk and pattaya..... i was lucky having a thai bf....it is much easier him talking to people for directions than i would
    the bars are not together like other sceans so you have to keep going on little jouneys to find each one ,so some of the bars hard to find.
    and we kept joking about how expensive the drinks are in some of the bars
    it is good for massage places...i can recomend the one we tried...The Blue's Club ....very cute guys there
    Over all Chaing mai is a very nice place to visit.....but my tip would be bring a boy with you and then if all else fail's you've got each other ha ha

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BonTong
    BTW Hot tip - if you are in that part of town be sure to visit Akha Ama coffee http://www.akhaama.com/. It's in the same soi as New My Way (at the other end and other side). Great coffee and a popular hang out for gay ex-pats. The owner, Lee, is a delightful young Akha guy.
    On the whole I have always found Chiang Mai to be too spread out for comfort. I like a city where I can walk almost everywhere I want to go. But Bon Tong, you have really turned my head by mentioning this Akha Ama Coffee place. I have just read your link to their site and am impressed beyond belief. Thank you very much for calling this fantastic shop to my attention. If I visit Chiang Mai again, it might be only to see this place. Is there some pleasant hotel or guesthouse nearby from which I could walk to Akha Ama Cafe?

P.S. Also just read about your own amazing cafe. Now there are two reasons to visit Chiang Mai again! OMG... that pizza!!!