Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Room to rent near Silom

Room to rent near Silom

I'm looking for a website, or room for rent listings for Bangkok, particularly for a small, cheap room to rent for up to 1 month: The room should be clean, seperate/private, with own key, 1 double bed, squat toilet, bucket, or regular shower, cold water, fan, no AC, visitors OK, and relatively quiet in the Thung Maha Mek region of Bangkok, not far from Babylon, and Malaysia hotels nearby Silom. If the internet is not the best way to find a cheap deal on a room in this area, i will just ask around? Which is probably the best way of doing it? What kind of price range can I expect in October? Do i need to commit to a rental agreement, or is it laid back/casual style? Can i also rent a room for a week, similar to how I'd rent a motorbike? 1 week at a time is probably smarter, in case my plans/ideas change, i don't want to be forced to stay in a room I no longer want. I also don't want to stay in a hotel, too expensive, Thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Room to rent near Silom

do not-never rent such just from the web-always inspect first.
    You likely get no answer as about noone of teh regulars stay in such accomm-be gald they also omitted the hitthepoor.
    The best is indeed to just go there-that soi toward Malaysia -or that HTl itself, is chok-a-bloick of such accomm-guesthouses with rooms by the day-week-month-whatever time you need. mainly aiming the str8 market, but as you likely know, this does not matter at all. Just take the first that loks OK-and start scouting further, inspect a few rooms empty and always, always bargain. remember: once the money is paid, upfront, its lost.
    A little bit further out-but to far to walk to Silom nor even Bblon-Malay, is the BOSSotel, along ramIV-which rents the thai system: with warranties, pay just rent or extra for curniture etc, separate for electric and water-but for just 1-2 monthes that likely too stressy.
    Along Sathorn are many more condotels-but thats upmarket with prices to judge. BTW - bucket showers are a thing long of the past in urban BKK, but cold water only is the norm in really cheap digs.

Ok, I'm not having a go at the OP but why would anybody specify a "squat toilet" in their requirements?

I mean, accepting a squat toilet is one thing (not that I'd ever do so because i'd end up rolling on the floor), but asking for one baffles me

I mean, surely if you can squat, you can sit

:dontknow:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Working in a go go bar with clientele that has many different requirements, unfortuately I have learned not to ask the question a :idea1: bove.

Liked

Could be that he is renting the room for an Asian friend that uses a squat toilet or he is Asian himself.

I think people are missing my point entirely - I'm not "attacking" squat toilets - people can poop in a carrier bag for all I care!

All I am saying is that I find it a little strange to specify a squat toilet when looking to rent a room - unless SoiVC slut, you're telling me that it's some kind of hardship for an asian to have to sit on the pot?

It's not the same as a Westerner refusing a room with a squat toilet - apart from the sanitation aspect of missing the hole, many of us simply could not use it and would fall over - you can not make the same argument for an asian faced with a western "throne".

I just don't get it - Why would the lack of a squat toilet be an an apparent deal-breaker in finding accommodation? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Liked

Maybe the OP wants to be sure that the thai guys still have this beautiful, round and tight buttoms and strong legs, that they gets from using squat toilets :sign5:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    unless you're telling me that it's some kind of hardship for an asian to have to sit on the pot?
    I was with a Thai guy in my condo who would stand, squat style, on the western toilet. He would always lower the seat before standing on it, squat style. I could see his footprints on the seat after!

Never figured out if he had some aversion to sitting or just didn't know how the throne toilet was designed to be used. It wasn't a question I felt comfortable asking either.
    A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

Hence the sign below that i noticed posted to be back of a toilet door in a busy night club in Khon Kean during my last trip ! :-)

I think i will just go for a walk and check out rooms, is 4500-6000baht/month realistic in that area. near Malaysia hotel?