List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea's for Bar Owners? Post'em here!

Liked

Idea's for Bar Owners? Post'em here!

I was just sitting here thinking of ways for bar owners to boost customer visits and I think I have a few useful ideas.

They are:

* For the first five customers, their first drink is 1/2 price?

* Featured guy of the night who can be offed for free. Or let the featured guy decide if his off fee will be free or go directly to the featured guy.

* VIP seating area behind a velvet rope where the bar visitor can sit with the bar guys during a show.

Or... The VIP service could be given to winning customers who off a guy and also buy a guy a drink. If they win, they will have a car or motorbike or tuktuk pick them up on the day they choose and bring them and 1 or 2 guests to the bar to sit in the VIP section with the guys.

* Drinks named after the guys? It may not be something that will bring in a baht right away but guys will bring friends to the bar to show them the menu of drinks named after the bar guys with little descriptions of the drink and how it relates to the guy it is named for.

* Drinks named after customers? There is a restaurant that will name a sandwich after customers that eat the most of that particular sandwich. I am sure there is a clever way to have a drink named after a customer.

* Let the guys take a more active role in a party night. Break them into teams and let them compete on who can create the best party atmosphere in the bar on a particular night. Bangkok vs Pattaya guys or Chiang Mai vs Issan or Phuket vs Pattaya or Top's vs Bottoms! LOL

* Sexy waiters! I would much rather be waited on by a cute guy in tight underwear than a guy in long black pants! Ha ha!

These are the good'ol days

Liked

Re: Idea's for Bar Owners? Post'em here!

I like the idea of naming drinks after the guys in the bar. It might make me buy a few more drinks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In the past 5 years the internet has completely altered the dynamics of the working boys business model - to the extent that there are now more boys offering their services on sites like GayRomeo and Thailandout then there are boys working in the bars.

If I were a bar owner I would tap into this same model and use the very same sites on the internet as a conduit for the flow of new boys to work in my bar. I would constantly be searching...interviewing...making offers...all with the intent of having only the hottest looking boys (all types) under my employment. There would not be one day that I would allow myself to feel complacent because BOYS is what my business would be about - and that's the bottom line.

How does a gay host bar or gogo bar keep their customers happy...BOYS - BOYS - BOYS. Fuck the rainbow colored sofa's and free drink coupons, just keep a fresh supply of HOT boys in the place and the customers would be happy if they were sitting on cardboard boxes.

Liked

So true Dodger. I don't go to the bar because the drinks are cheap or because they are offering snacks. If they don't have the guys they don't have anything.

I also agree with you about searching the internet for employees. I would find a way to get my guys on the phone apps and have it lead them to my bar.

It may be that the younger generation will bridge the divide or maybe the gogo bars will not find a way to adapt and slowly fade away till there are only a few.

But if I had to pick a gogo bar that seems to know how to have fun, it would be My Way Gogo bar in Patong in Phuket. That is one fun bar!

Liked

Dodger is right. Boys and lots of them. Funny Boys is usually voted number one bar in Pattaya and that place isn't really a bar. It's a shop that sells boys, and it's usually busy because their selection is wonderful.

Liked

I hear a lot about funny boys here but I don't think I have ever been inside.

But I must also admit that I go to Xboys for the show.. Well it is a show of the guys but I am there to see them perform.

But yet.. It's the guys again that bring me in the door and in a seat.

Liked

I know most don't agree with me, but I wouldn't mind a more up-scale place. Not some dingy bar with 2nd hand decor, pushy mamasans, where I have to sit on a long sofa with everyone else, and only get this tiny table that's big enough to hold two drinks and the check-bin. Then the filthy, disgusting short-time rooms for 300 baht, or whatever they cost.

Think of an upscale club / restaurant / spa all in one. A place where I'd walk in at 8pm, and wouldn't leave until 3am, as I stumble out like a drunken idiot trying to remember where I put my hotel. When I arrive, there's staff to welcome me, and take me to my own large booth with a large table. I'm presented with menus that include great food, there's nice music, free wi-fi, 3 or 4 different dance stages spread out for the boys instead of just the one, maybe some nice fountains with flowing water, some lush green plants spread around, etc.

Plus make the go-go boys double as wait staff, so you have like 5 times the wait staff you need, meaning if some cute guy with a nice smile waits on you, you can ask him to sit down without problem. Upstairs have nice short time rooms, maybe some with a private jacuzzi, TV, DVD, and definitely room service if you need a fill-up on drinks or anything. While you're enjoying your night, maybe you decide a nice quickie or a massage would good to break things up. Maybe some pool tables and other games if you're so inclined.

Or I don't know, but something like that. I don't like that whole thing of going to some dingy shit hole, where there's immediate pressure to start buying drinks, pick a boy, off him, and quickly have sex so he can get back to the bar. Bloody hell, the whole experience can be over before you even knew it began.

With this other way, I could just take my laptop in, be comfortable while I enjoy a beer, and chat with the gorgeous wait staff. As the night goes on, I invite various people to sit down, we get some plates of good food, have some drinks, chat each other up. Maybe go upstairs for a couple hours for a soothing massage and some fun in the jacuzzi, which would come with room service to bring up some drinks or champagne when wanted. And so on... I would rather spend 15,000 baht at a club like that, versus spending 10,000 baht at 6 different dingy bars, a road stall restaurant, and NAB.

Liked

Agree with you Matt re an upscale place, but in Pattaya there are far too many cheap charlie farangs to make it pay. As to some other postings above :well amazing how some posters seem to think they have hit on an original idea about bars having "hot boys" to attract the customers. The decline of some of the bars is not only because of the internet but also because bar owners cannot be bothered, either through laziness or meanness, etc., to get some decent ones on the stage.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...flesh...more of it...need more erotic shows...get tired of staring at the half dozen boys on the stage in pats...how about strip shows every 15 min...waiters in g-strings...I would gladly buy 200 bht beers if I was being entertained...
    In previous posts there''ve been some groans about the price of drinks at best boys bkk....but they have like a gazzillion boys on stage...and out on good long boy filled shows...have no issue with 300bhy beers there as the entetrtainment is the best in the soi..

Have I wandered on to Fantasy Island?

Please remember that, at least as far as Pattaya is concerned, only a couple of days ago, one SGF poster was bemoaning the fact he was being asked to pay in excess of 50B for a beer in a gay beer bar.
    These are your prospective customers - and exactly the type who will be patronising your gogo bar - demanding to sit in your VIP section with 99B drinks, and swap phone numbers with your boys in order to avoid paying an off fee.

:occasion9: