Well I have made up my mind after much consternation to leave Sydney and move to Bangkok. I will teach English for about 5 years then fully retire. I have 5 years experience teaching English as a 2'nd language in Taiwan, and have spoken with a couple schools and they will be eager to hire me. First I have to sell my business here in Australia which will take a few months at least. I am an American and Australian citizen.

I have an expat friend in Pattaya but I don't know anyone living in Bangkok. I am looking for new friends and acquaintances (expat or Thai) with which I can easily slide into my new life in Bangkok with their help and advice. Someone who has gone through what I will be doing or someone who is already set up and living there. Having picked up and moved to a new city (country) many times in my life, I know that having someone to bounce off questions (sometimes silly little ones) helps with the process.

If you are a kind soul who may be interested in forging a new friendship, please contact me. PM is fine. I appreciate all serious communications.