Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One night in Bangkok

Liked

One night in Bangkok

In Bangkok to escape the fascist ceremonies in London. Does everyone know the torch thing was invented by Hitler? I'll watch the Chinese divers on television.

Dinner at a new restaurant in Patong 2 called "G" although I don't think there's even a sign outside. Walk in from the Silom end. Ambiance entirely wasted on that street. The youngish owner once cooked at Telephone I believe. German cuisine, excellent food. Is the waitress (Thai-farang mix, speaks German) a lesbian? If you're looking for cute waiters don't bother. Excellent food, excellent value apart from the wine which is served in standard wine glasses filled almost 1/4 full. C'mon guys, you can do better. First restaurant you come to past Foodland, you can't miss it (try not to).

Soi Twilight. A couple of bars. As the t-shirt says "Same same but different". Decided to talk to a boy who took my eye, excellent English, 25, clearly gay, has been until recently a money boy in Singapore. I should have guessed that his singlet hid a tattoo from view. He soon realized that was a deal-breaker; I tipped him 100 baht and left.

Walked back to my hotel - Sathorn Inn - great value, no questions asked. Stopped in at Golden Cock. Two very fat gogo boys lunged at me. I fled. Dying for a piss I called in at Nature Boy (call of nature, right?). Every boy tattooed. I brushed them off and after ordering a drink headed for the "toilet". A very expensive pit stop. Paid for my drink and left.

Conclusions? Stick to Grindr and Gayromeo. Eat at G again. Sorry Neal, your style of business is over.

"If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan

Re: One night in Bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty
    ... Does everyone know the torch thing was invented by Hitler?
    No it wasn't.
    Hitler was certainly in power in 1936, but he did not "invent" the torch relay - it was a German sports administrator called Carl Diem.
    Hitler himself would have cancelled the 1936 games as he believed the Olympic movement was controlled by Jews and Freemasons - it was Goebbels who persuaded him to let the Games proceed as they would be of great value as propaganda.

For fuck sake get your facts right Sooty :sign5:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh Sooty, so depressed you sound. Your little escapade happened in BKK and has nothing to do with the people down here and also many people down here are not as demanding. Sounds like if you get any more depressed you'll be looking for the highest building.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I should have guessed that his singlet hid a tattoo from view. He soon realized that was a deal-breaker; I tipped him 100 baht and left.
    Why not just tell him to leave the singlet on.... That could be sexy anyway. :nknw:

Sorry Neal, your style of business is over.
    Let's hope not.

Online shopping can never completely replace being able to browse through the racks, hold things in your hands, try things on, etc. Convenient, yes. But, the telephone can never really completely replace meeting in person.... Online hookup apps can't either.

Although "shopping online" is very convenient, it also carries many hidden prices. The wasted time spent on guys with fake info and fake pictures. The wasted time ( sometimes endless hours ) chatting with someone, only to finally meet them in person and be totally turned off. It seems more convenient only because we don't have to go anywhere... But it can also be a huge time-waster.

"Shopping in person" has the distinct advantages of being able to see, and to some extent, try out..... before you buy.... not after you've wasted lots and lots of time.

Things that do very well in the online shopping arena, are commodity items ---- like books ( Amazon ), and other known commodity items, like the 32GB SD card and the Sony camera I just bought online yesterday. When there's no doubt about the quality of the item --- known by simply the brand, title, and model number --- then shopping online is the way to go. It will be delivered to my door tomorrow with free shipping.

On the other hand, produce, flowers, and young men..... all fall into the category of "better seen, smelled, and/or squeezed for freshness" in person.... before buying. ....where "quality" is much more abstract, relative, in-the-eye-of-the-beholder, unique, and varies a great deal.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Deleted DaBoss

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Why not just tell him to leave the singlet on.... That could be sexy anyway.
    I guess I could have told him to leave his socks on as well. Since I'm a lady too I suspect that two bottoms together would not have been that successful, or I could have just done him face down and not had to see the tattoo at all. But thanks for your tip
    "If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan

Liked

I am surprised you didnt find anyone to your taste in Bangkok - I usually find there's plenty of choice if you visit a few bars. On the comment re bars finished/internet meets the way forward - I certainly hope not and I am sure there are many like me who love a large gin watching and selecting our "intended" in reality and not electronically. The huge advantage is "what you see is what you get" with the security of the bar set up - this is why I fly 12 hours!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Exactly..... why I fly 21 hours +
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    Oh Sooty, so depressed you sound. Your little escapade happened in BKK and has nothing to do with the people down here and also many people down here are not as demanding. Sounds like if you get any more depressed you'll be looking for the highest building.
    Every time you respond in this way Neal I get down on my knees and after sucking off the nearest passing boy give thanks to Almighty God that I wasn't born in the US of A.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ahhhh...... and I in return. think it may be time for a new thread and that should be entitled something like "Why Do I Have So Much Animosity towards Americans Just Because They are American"? We act the way we were raised to act and not to put our stinky snout in the air when someone acts , does or pronounce something that is not to what we were taught to be correct. :occasion9:

Great Example:
    I don't look down on the Thais when they chomp with their mouth open or secretly pick something out of their teeth while they bury their arm up to their elbow to pick their nose. These were the things they were taught were ok and not ok.

Liked

Deleted Sorry Lukylok his quote was distasteful and I don't want it repeated. Thanks! DaBoss
    How much hatred !
    Just to put a litle oil on the fire : it would be fun having Sooty meet Christian ! arty