Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raid on the RCA last night in Bangkok

Liked

Raid on the RCA last night in Bangkok

Bangkok police did a pee-pee raid on the RCA complex last night. The BF and several friends were caught in the raid at just before midnight.

There were some new tactics used. First the police had about 50 undercover police inside. Cell phones must have been jammed, I guess to prevent early warnings. All escape routes were quickly blocked and anyone trying to run was chased and taken down with force. One farang I am told pushed a police officer and ran, but not very far.

Farangs as well as Thai were detained and given piss cups. Farangs without an original passport and a valid visa were taken away, no idea to where. The BF told me he heard the police say, no copies, and some wise ass cop said, "Welcome to Thailand--Welcome to Jail".

Ch 3 was on scene with cameras but very little on the news. Maybe the papers tomorrow will have something.

E Dok Tong

and what is the RCA complex ?

Liked
    Boy, will those idiots ever learn, it's a downright disgrace. I guess the people without passports will have to pay some teamoney.

I sincerly hope nobody got caught.

RCA=Royal City Avenue. A strip were mostly young thais go out, it boost famous clubs as Astra among others.

Re: Raid on the RCA last night in Bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    The BF told me he heard the police say, no copies, and some wise ass cop said, "Welcome to Thailand--Welcome to Jail".

This statement at least shows what most Thais really think and that in reality they hate us - perhaps even with some (good) reasons.

I wonder when this society will become mature and am very concerned about their future as a tourist destination. They may well have some problems keeping up their lifestyle in the near future. What I see at present is empty restaurants and bars everywhere and travel warnings issued by many countries.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Quote Originally Posted by hansiThe2
    and what is the RCA complex ?
    Royal City Avenue - a streets full of clubs and bars, not gay, and very popular with middle class Thais.
    Now there's a few gay ones or several mixed leaning to the gay side.

www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Thailand/Central_Eastern_Thailand/Bangkok-1445238/Nightlife-Bangkok-RCA_clubs-BR-1.html
    E Dok Tong

Something in this report doesn't jive. There have been numerous "raids" at DJs lately and each time the Farangs have been allowed to leave before the thai's are "pee tested". Why would they treat the "straight" clubs any differently? If they want to drag me to the police station until I can show them my actual Passport, so be it. I am NOT walking around with my original passport. The hassle resulting from losing my passport would far surpass any caused by the "'chance" of a bar raid.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeNasty
    Something in this report doesn't jive. There have been numerous "raids" at DJs lately and each time the Farangs have been allowed to leave before the thai's are "pee tested". Why would they treat the "straight" clubs any differently?
    Different police districts, maybe? I was not there, the BF and his friends where, if you doubt the veracity of his non "jiving" report, send me an PM, I'll send you my cell phone number and you can question the BF direct.
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeNasty
    Something in this report doesn't jive. There have been numerous "raids" at DJs lately and each time the Farangs have been allowed to leave before the thai's are "pee tested". Why would they treat the "straight" clubs any differently?
    Different police districts, maybe? I was not there, the BF and his friends where, if you doubt the veracity of his non "jiving" report, send me an PM, I'll send you my cell phone number and you can question the BF direct.
    Equally in the Silom/Suriwong area, farangs are not required to show IDs/Passports for admission, in RCA they generally are, and I have been refused admission there on that basis.

The Silom/Suriwong area is designated as a tourist destination, therefore there are dispensations for farang. RCA and most of the rest of Bangkok are not, and therefore, in theory, the law is applied equally in those areas.

I scoured the online news 2 mornings after this and it appeared at here and on another similar asia travel web site posting (web search not news search) that sounded like someone picked that news up from this forum. If it did happen it wasn't of any matter, and no one else I talked to heard anything about it.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by ArNolD
    I scoured the online news 2 mornings after this and it appeared at here and on another similar asia travel web site posting (web search not news search) that sounded like someone picked that news up from this forum. If it did happen it wasn't of any matter, and no one else I talked to heard anything about it.
    OK, Arnold, PM me and you too can get my cell phone number and either question the BF who was there or call me or him a liar.

Better yet, name a location to meet and you can tell me face to face. I am in Pattaya now, will be back in Bangkok on Thursday.
    E Dok Tong