Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Favorite cities in the world

Liked

Favorite cities in the world

Many of us travel, other then to Thailand. What are your favorite three cities in the world and why?

For me: Florence--the art, food, the history, and the feel of the place
    Paris---Art, culture, food, history, and night life.
    Barcelona-Friendliest city I've found with great forward looking people. Incredible Gaudi buildings and great gay community.

Liked

Re: Favorite cities in the world

For me
    Singapore, clean, good food and variety, people I've met are nice
    Bangkok, good food, people I've met are nice and everything I need is here. It's one of the two Asian cities I really feel comfortable in (Singapore is the other).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Difficult to answer, because I'd like to be able to visit my favourite cities a few times, and so the further away they are, the more problematic that becomes. Also friendships with people living in cities plays a part in my thinking.

In the world and discounting what I have just said, I'd plump for Paris, Florence and Sydney (but leaving out Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Istanbul and Prague is tough)!

For just three which I can visit each year, they'd be Hong Kong, Taipei and Tokyo.

Barcelona for reasons given, Venice because it really is a piece of living history, and Hanoi for its character. Shame we can only pick three, there are so many more too.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Happily... it's the three cities I spend most of my time:

1. Sydney - Aside from being my hometown, it's a fantastically diverse city in terms of food, nationalities, culture and values. Awesome place to live, eat, do business and hang out with friends.

2. Singapore - Fantastic service everywhere you go. Slick and efficient, convenient, comfortable, connected (quick transit to other cities). Great place to do business and also amazingly diverse in food and amenities. In many ways, the nightlife is better than Sydney. It's become like a second home.

3. Bangkok - Aside from being my boyfriend's hometown and family home, it's so much fun, stimulating and such a relaxing place. The range of nightlife and high-end amenities (which are absurdly affordable) is awesome. Convenience and efficiency not as good but then, I don't go there to work.

There's other cities I love but more as places to visit, not as places I would want to spend a significant part of my life.

Liked

in EUROPE: Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris, London

in Asia: Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo,

in North America: San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver