Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast

Liked

Breakfast

I know many here grab breakfast on their way home from a club, but I'm someone who actually wakes up about 9 or 10 (in the morning, shock horror). Anyway, I'm staying at Mosaik Apartments this trip (in June) and don't really know the area by day. Where's a good place for breakfast? Thinking about Baan Dok Mai is one. Any other suggestions?

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Re: Breakfast

Baan Dok Mai has a great bacon and eggs menu, if that is what you like.
    In fact it has some of the best bacon I have ever tastet in Thailand.

Not so good but eatable is Salt and Pepper in that area. I like to have my fried rice and eggs there. Not a big food experience, but nice and relaxed to sit there reading with the newspaper.

Liked

thanks, gaymandenmark, I'll definitely give it a try - I do like bacon in the morning. not averse to a sausage either (ooh, matron!)
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I have a similar problem when I stay in Howard's Guesthouse. I get up some time between 10 and 12, and there are no street food sellers where I can grab something on the way. So far, I either ate later that day or went to Monty's or the street food restaurant that is in "Soi Monty". But all this is not satisfactory, I want something "to go". Whereas at night, there is ample choice in the same area. In Thailand, my eating is somewhat blurred, I eat when I am hungry, there is no distinction between meals that I have in Europe.

Located in the same building as the Mosaik Apartments is Grotinos Restaurant. They have several breakfast plates on the menu.

I find Salt&Pepper to be a much better place to grab a lunch or a light dinner when I'm in the area. I have tried the breakfast and the selections are not very varied. The prices at Salt&Pepper are very inexpensive and it is a good place to sit, have a coffee and watch the traffic go by.

Liked

If you want a proper English breakfast look no further than directly across the Soi when you exit Mosaic... the restaurant/bar just to the left of the Flamingo entrance. They do lunch/dinner too but in German style. Just ask for the breakfast menu - choices are 1, 2 or 3. Can't remember what its called, (maybe Blue something?) but it has wicker chairs out front. It's not the cheapest in the area but you'll be hard pressed to find better quality for the price locally. Otherwise for a major breakfast experience - and you ought to try it at least once if you haven't already - take a trip to Papa David's in Jomtien... get off the baht bus opposite the Jomtien complex just where the road bears 90 degrees right with the beach in sight. Papa David's is just to your left.
    Dick

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ButterFlyForever
    Located in the same building as the Mosaik Apartments is Grotinos Restaurant. They have several breakfast plates on the menu.
    I agree...I like Grottinos...opens early at 7:00am...maybe even earlier...check before you go.

Located in the same building as the Mosaik Apartments is Grotinos Restaurant.
    They have several breakfast plates on the menu. American bkfast is 140 Thai baht...
    love the euro dark bread toast ...Daily Bangkok Post as well as some Euro newspapers to read.

From Howards Hotel...

Suggest you try Two Guys Guesthouse...serves from 8:00am...
    breakfast served ALL DAY :-)
    good breakfast reasonable prices...

I like their french toast, oj, coffee, sliced banana...less than 100 Thai baht.

Omellete is great with oj, toast, coffee and fried potatoes..less than 130 Thai baht.

More choices available...Owner John is a great host...as are the Wait Staff :-)
    and usually a Bangkok Post to read and BBC News on TV if you like.

tj
    Tj

Liked

Tara Court @ Pratamnak soi 5 does the best Breakfast until 3 pm every day

also has that days Indo and Times (which usually means lots of depressing reading )

But the Breakfast is the best INHMO

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    I have a similar problem when I stay in Howard's Guesthouse.
    I used to wake up at around 6 am . I would wait till 10 or 11 when Pai would wake and he would
    Take me for a nice breakfast. If he is still there
    He knows some great eating places

Liked

Why doesn't anyone ever mention Gossip Cafe in these threads? Just down the street from Mosaik, kitty-corner to the place with all the pool tables. Back in the day, I was there probably 3 or 4 times a week. Open 24x7, excellent breakfast, and all around good food, plus comfortable atmosphere where you can relax. Highly recommended.