Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hotel Don Plaza for sale.

Liked

Hotel Don Plaza for sale.

On gaybuttons board yesterday, was a posting that the for sale sign has gone up on Hotel Don Plaza. From the time I tried to book a group in there years ago, to recently there was no sign that anybody was interested or cared about the hotel. Friends who did stay complained about the narrow staircase and having to carry their own bag upstairs. Just before Xmas I noticed the outside bar right next to Corner bar was starting to get a regular clientele and thought maybe a new manager.

I was asked to check out the menu and drink prices so had dinner there one night. It was nothing to get excited about.

Personally I thought the biggest mistake was the dark glass windows. It always looked like it was deserted. The night I went there I peered though the window to see if it was open. I saw a boy and a girl sitting there not even interested in coming forward to offer help.

Lets hope the Arabs dont step in and buy the place and do a deal with the Marina Inn to use/share the pool. It should go for a bargain price.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Hotel Don Plaza for sale.

Thats a shame that another place is up for sale but like you too Lonelywombat i looked in the hotel a few years back and was not happy with the narrow steep stairs. The rooms seemed ok but wouldnt stay there myself. They could have done a better job when they were converting it to a hotel i think.
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Liked

Re: Hotel Don Plaza for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by jolyjacktar
    They could have done a better job when they were converting it to a hotel i think.
    You are right. They had the chance but i believe it was to expensive for the owner.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay