Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: 2 Month Stay Pattaya August September Accomodation?

Liked

2 Month Stay Pattaya August September Accomodation?

Hi All
    I am heading to Pattaya for possibly 2 months August September 2012.
    I am thinking of booking a week at Copa then finding a monthly rental in or near Sunee Plaza.
    Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
    One place I have looked at is Mosaic...is this within walking distance to Sunee Plaze.

Once again thanks for your help

Regards
    Mike

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: 2 Month Stay Pattaya August September Accomodation?

Mosaic has an advert on the Forum Index page with Krazy Dragon. If you don't see it, put your cursor over the ads for a seconad and move it away and the ads rotate.

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Mosaic is a good choice and about 3 mins walk to Sunee Plaza.

Liked

thanks...had a look at mosaic webpage....also been reading forum re electricity prices etc...have read charges can be quite high.
    anywhere from 12,000 for 40 days to others saying 2,600 for month.
    this is a little confusing...i do know it depends on individual use but there seems to be a big difference in answers to this question.
    i am trying to work out if it is better to stay in a hotel or condo or appartment like mosaik.

once again any feedback is welcome...and thanks for the replies

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith
    thanks...had a look at mosaic webpage....also been reading forum re electricity prices etc...have read charges can be quite high.
    this is a little confusing...i do know it depends on individual use but there seems to be a big difference in answers to this question.
    i am trying to work out if it is better to stay in a hotel or condo or appartment like mosaik.

You will get a much better deal in Mosaik than a hotel,It will work out a lot cheaper they do good monthly rentals/.I always use to stay in hotels ,but its much cheaper to stay in the apartments.

Liked

My friend who stayed for a month just before Xmas does not like aircon. he mentioned that he was going to buy a fan which shocked the manager. We can give you fan if you want , but it is winter why you want fan.
    He was tempted to say because it is f***** hot, but fan was in room within the hour no charge.

I also prefer an overhead fan but if I use aircon I set it high say 25, I also avoid the restaurants and bars that are down to 15 or less as I hate going from almost freezing back to the heat. I think it comes back to commonsense with aircon. I am aware of people who sit on the balcony with open doors and air con on flat out. Others leave the ac on flat out when at the beach or out doing the bars. If they have a big bill it is their own fault.

The big disadvantage is Mosaik does not have a system that switches all power of when you leave the room, as most hotels do have.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    The big disadvantage is Mosaik does not have a system that switches all power of when you leave the room, as most hotels do have.
    I have that same disadvantage in my home too, so have to rely as most of us do on switching off the TV, aircon, lights etc. when I've finished with them before going out. I've incentive to do that because I'm paying the bill. Equally, if I'm going out for just a couple of hours and want the room cool when I come back in, I can leave the aircon on if I wish. I don't see not having a system that switches off all the power when you take a key fob out of a wall socket a disadvantage.

Mike
    I stayed in a premier studio at Mosaik for a month last year. Air con was on virtually 24/7 at 22C and the bf made good use of frequent long hot showers each day. Total electric bill was 2,600B and total water 265B. Yes the 'unknown' had me worried prior to booking, but really it isn't going to break the bank. Less than 100B/day. Mosaik is a good choice and in a great location. There's a favourable entry for it also on Trip Advisor. No need to look elsewhere.
    Dick

Liked

Thanks to all for helping with answers to my questions. I do appreciate it. I also have another question and are not sure if i need to start a new thread or not.
    I was wondering if you guys could recommend a car service to pick me up from BKK Airport for the trip to Pattaya, also the cost and how long the trip takes?

Thanks

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Thanks to all for helping with answers to my questions. I do appreciate it. I also have another question and are not sure if i need to start a new thread or not.
    I was wondering if you guys could recommend a car service to pick me up from BKK Airport for the trip to Pattaya, also the cost and how long the trip takes?

Thanks
    The best = Image Limo. = http://www.imagelimo.com/

Other posters will follow with cheaper services.
    Remember in this world you get what you pay for.

Liked

Mike
    You will find that whichever accommodation you book, they'll be able to offer a pickup service from the airport. Just ask them to quote for an airport transfer when you make your booking enquiry. Most have arrangements with their local mini-cab firm. It might not be a limo, but a clean Toyota saloon with a sensible driver is ok for me. The advantage is they'll know exactly where is the address you want to go i.e. your accommodation, so no mistakes. Expect to pay around 1,400 Baht at best either to or from the airport to Pattaya... or perhaps more if you prefer a limo. The fare should include all tolls. Takes about 90 mins. If you aren't paying the fare directly to the driver when you alight but to the accommodation instead, what you're charged for the fare will likely include 100B for the hotel.

Don't bother fluffing around queing at the airport for a meter taxi... and then having to try explain where you want to go (in Thai) to someone who hasn't a clue. After a long flight you don't need the hastle. It might be 200B or so cheaper, but the driver might well drive at speed like a loony whilst loudly conducting conversations on his mobile as he drives. The limo services offered from kiosks at the airport are a rip-off.
    Dick