List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to stay for a month in BKK??

try those service suites

there are many 5 star furnished executive suites in Bangkok, e.g. Majestic, President Solitaire, Marriott Mayfair...etc, these suites comes with maid service.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

raindrops keep falling on my head.............

Are you thinking about a private teacher or a class for the Thai lessons?
    Unity Thai language school offers month long intensive Thai group lessons and is centrally located..They have a web site so maybe you can google it up.. They offer mornings 4 hours a day/5 days a week or afternoons which are 3 hours a day/5 days a weeks.. If you are not starting from stratch they will test you and place you in an appropriate class for the level you are at..
    There is an alternative method used at AUA which is based on listening to Thai speakers and learning the way infants learn.. There are a couple of lengthy threads existing chock full of info and options..Chok dee kup....

Liked
    Rainwalker
    The Tower Inn has nice large suites, and superior refurbished suites are available for monthly rental. I rate their rooms good value. I recall another poster some while ago singing their prases for longer stays. Nice breakfast buffet, but you need to get in by 10am.
    http://www.tower-inn-hotel-bangkok.com/hotel_rates.asp

The Tarntawan also now has apartments I believe. They're a recent acquisition... immediately around the corner in Soi Tawan. If you contact the Tarntawan Hotel I'm sure they can help. Good location. Or take a suite at the Tarntawan itself.

A friend who resides in Pattaya and travels up to the big smoke once or twice a month, swears by the Saladaeng Place apartments. Haven't tried them myself. A few internet searches might reveal better rates than here:
    http://www.ehotelbooking.com/thailand/b ... /index.htm

I hope others can add to the list of suggestions.
    Dick

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    If being close to Silom/Suriwong is important Saladaeng Place is an option. it used to be a little more easy going, but now charges joiners fees after a certain time at night.

Further down Saladaeng, off Silom, is Saladaeng Colonnade, which has the benefit of Room Service from Zanottis, which was i think that voted the best Italian restaurant in Bangkok.

Of these serviced apartments, in that area, I would probably choose Chin House. Very easy going and friendly.

elephantspike
    Try here:

http://www.click4apartment.com/index.htm

They have extensive listings of serviced apartments all over Thailand, and in all price levels. Most can be booked online right through the site.

Liked

Natural Ville

I'd highly recommend Natural Ville service apartments on Soi Lang Suan. If you were planning to study at AUA, the Natural Ville is about a short 5-10 minute walk to the AUA located on Rachadamri.

The website for Natural Ville (run by the ACCOR group which manages the Sofitel and Novotels) is

http://www.naturalville.com/

The location on Soi Lang Suan is also very convenient to Silom...just a short 35 baht taxi ride.

Good luck.

Liked

one month stay

Colonnade has some construction near by. Pass on the Saladang Palace because of their 700b joiner fee on principal. Sunrise is very basic, clean but not as close to street as the web site suggests. Chin now has a Chin 2 next door. All the Center points are nice, but beware of Suk 10, under renovations some time this month. I don't like the Tower, big rooms of mostly wasted space, some very worn.
    E Dok Tong

Re: Links

The sunrise residence look nice.
    Did anybody stay there before? how is the room? any joiner fees there?

Liked

Sunrise

The sunrise residence look nice.
    Did anybody stay there before? how is the room? any joiner fees there?
    The web site is nice but the rooms are not, look for your self. Very basic, very small but clean. I followed all the signs from Saladang. It's not a residence but a hotel.

Chatra as well. Went for a visit last week and the rooms are getting worn.
    E Dok Tong