Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thai friend in prison

Liked

Thai friend in prison

I caught up with an old Thai friend on my last trip and then came back to pattaya a couple of weeks later and didn't see him around so asked sone friends where he went. I was informed that the police showed up at an Internet cafe and put him into prison for having yaba. They said he will be locked up for two years.

This seemed to all happen very fast. No trial??

I am worried what will happen to him in there. He's a little guy and just 20 years old. Apparently they wanted 200,000 baht from him but he didn't have any money he was a very poor isan boy.

I wonder if there is any way that I can visit him ...

Re: Thai friend in prison

Did experience almost the same a few years ago, but things were taken care of by the mamasang of the bar and my friend was caught as a user and not as a possessor.

I visited the Chonburi jail several times and after a few weeks, I paid THB 20,000 guarantee/bail out. After 6 weeks my friend was released on bail and a 4 month program started: weekly piss-ups at the nearest police station and weekly sessions at some drug-rehab center in Pattaya.
    After 5 months I got my money back, my friend happy because he was finally free again, planned to go home for a long time and on the evening prior to his departure he crashed with his motorbike............now he is at home.........long time..........just a bit more than a veggie.

OK, enough moaning.........uhm.....try to find where your friend is locked up (usually his friends know) and ask one of them to join you to the monkey-house. Take some soap, shampoo, cigarettes (if he smokes), books, magazines, toothbrush + paste, blanket, clothes, with you.......some money will always do.

Liked

So if I can find out where he is I should have no problem visiting and I can bring him things?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Brisboy82 Wrote,

So if I can find out where he is I should have no problem visiting and I can bring him things?
    As someonehere has already advised, ask his friends - they will know where he is.

If he received a 2 year sentence he most likely is sitting in Pattaya's Nong Palai Prison, as Chon Buri Prison houses those with lessor offenses with shorter sentences.

I know someone has also advised that you should take him things, e.g., food, soap, etc., but I advise that you don't, as prisoners can not receive ANYTHING from a visiting guest unless it is purchased from the prison store - never touching a visitors hands.

If you find out that he is in Nong Palai you can send me a PM and I will give you all the instructions you need, e.g., directions to NP, how to obtain a visitors pass, how to purchase food for him etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisboy82
    You do seem to find yourself in some unique situations. A few days ago you were asking how to get help for a boy with H.I.V. You were given much information, what finally happened?

Brisboy82 is BBB

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Man4AllSeasons
    You do seem to find yourself in some unique situations. A few days ago you were asking how to get help for a boy with H.I.V. You were given much information, what finally happened?
    You guys must be naive if you think that either of these situations are anything out of the ordinary.

Get involved in the personal lives of pattaya boys (as opposed to just fucking them) and this is the kind of stuff that comes up.

Considering 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 Gay Thais are HIV positive and the rate among bar boys has surely got to be en higher then obviously the HIV issue is going to come up. As to what happened... Well my positive friend continues to behave as if it never happened and he also continues to show no interest in treatment. Very frustrating situation.

And the boy who went to prison... Again it's pattaya. Yaba is absolutely rife especially among sunee boys. He's a good boy though. Very sweet and a good heart. And no he's not a bar boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger
    I know someone has also advised that you should take him things, e.g., food, soap, etc., but I advise that you don't, as prisoners can not receive ANYTHING from a visiting guest unless it is purchased from the prison store - never touching a visitors hands.
    Not even a little fruitcake for the fruitcake from a fruitcake ... harsh :crybaby:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

the boy who went to prison... Again it's pattaya. Yaba is absolutely rife especially among sunee boys.
    That's true. Drugs in Shitsville... what's new?

Good luck to your friend... Hope he gets through. You, Neoncrusade and Dodger should get together.