Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Place Bangkok

Tarntawan Place Bangkok

Question to anyone who may have stayed at this hotel: how gay is it? Is it all gay, or is it marketed to other customers as well? Approximately what percentage of the clientele is gay, and what percentage straight?

Tarntawan Place

I have stayed there about four or five times over the past two years and it appears almost entirely gay. Very high standards, staff seem to be the same, so no great turnover. I really do enjoy staying there.

So, if you heard of a single male staying there, you'd feel safe assuming he was gay?

Liked
    It's mostly gay. Once I saw a Dutch family at breakfast. Then another time this young loud friendly blond Italian lady was in the computer room and I recall her asking me questions about the sky train and where to go shopping. She had on a very short skirt and as she got up to leave, I noticed that she was not a natural blond.

They also have an overbooking arrangement with a few other hotels in the area, so anyone could be there.
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    So, if you heard of a single male staying there, you'd feel safe assuming he was gay?
    Not unless you fancied a smack in the mouth.

I book overseas business clients male & female, married and single, single and couples into the Tarntawan because it is:
    a. A handy location for our offices. Five minutes walk
    b. Far less impersonal than many of the bigger hotels which is important especially for first time visitors to the city.
    c. Value for money.
    e. A hands on policy by the management to sort out any requirements the guests may have.
    f. Staff that are actually willing to be of service and enjoy doing so.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice
    I book overseas business clients male & female, married and single, single and couples into the Tarntawan....

...and do those single male (possibly hetro) Clients thank you for it? Do you think they feel comfortable surrounded by wooly moofs?

There are many alternatives in the area, in a similar price range, that would suit any age, gender or persuasion without the rainbow flag flying outside. :cyclopsani:
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

[quote=Sen Yai]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Naughty But Nice":16exfprx
    I book overseas business clients male & female, married and single, single and couples into the Tarntawan....

...and do those single male (possibly hetro) Clients thank you for it? Do you think they feel comfortable surrounded by wooly moofs?

There are many alternatives in the area, in a similar price range, that would suit any age, gender or persuasion without the rainbow flag flying outside. :cyclopsani:[/quote:16exfprx]

As yet I have never had a complaint and I hardly think anyone would find the atmosphere at the Tarntawan Place hotel at all camp or in any way offensive. I don't think it is compulsory that you have to have sex with other guests!!!!

As for other places in the area, these are generally much less welcoming and I do not think particular value for money and as I say not one of the people I have booked in over the years has had anything but praise for the hotel and some have returned to Bangkok and booked themselves back in there on their own volition. In fact one married couple M&F are returning there in a few weeks time for a short visit.

Maybe it is you that feels uncomfortable mixing with anyone of a different sexual preference than yourself?

Tarntawan Place

Have stayed there many times too. It is very gay friendly and you will see many overnight guests having breakfast . It is not, however, exclusively gay which is fine with me. You do see females occasionally and also (presumably) straight couples from time to time. Security is very good there and the employees are very helpful and friendly, and except for the current Hospital construction going on in the back at the moment, it is quiet and in a very convenient location. The construction noise never bothered me at all, by the way. Is there such a place as an exclusively gay Hotel in Bangkok, I wonder? Only place that comes to mind is perhaps Babylon Barracks?

Liked

Re: Tarntawan Place

Quote Originally Posted by Hayjon
    " ... Is there such a place as an exclusively gay Hotel in Bangkok, I wonder? ... "
    One which pops to mind is The Aquarius, though there is hardly ever talk of it anymore.

It's a small guesthouse really, only a dozen rooms or so.
    I stayed there twice back in 1999 and 2000, but not since. It was involved in a highly publicised police raid back then (Oct or Nov. 2000 if I recall) and I wonder if it ever recovered from that in terms of it's popularity?

It's website is still up & running: http://www.aquariushouse.com/

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    I stayed there once, and as you once pointed out to me, never assume anything. In my opinion its about 80% gay, anybody staying there who isn't gay soon gets the picture. If this person stays there more than a couple of nights then I would say there's a good chance he's gay or very gay friendly.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.