Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vincent's and Penquin House

Liked

Vincent's and Penquin House

After 4 years of not having to worry about a hotel (I would stay with my now EX Thai BF), I will need a place in the Sathorn/Silom Bangkok area for a two month period starting in December. I want a place that gives at least some break for monthly rates. Anyone have any experience with Vincent's or Penguin House? The Blooms is by far the cheapest, but it's a long walk down a street with no sidewalk and they only service the room twice a week.

Liked

Re: Vincent's and Penquin House

I think Vinecent is a really nice place to stay.
    The only problem is, if you are a light sleeper, that the room into the street can a bit nousy, from Soi Ngnam Duplee. Never the less I can only recommende Vincent and the 7 rooms, Vinsent and his staff is very nice and how to say it..is fun.
    You would have no problems staying there.
    Also I am sure you can make a great deal staying there longer

Sorry I dont know anything about the Penquin House but would love to know.,

Liked

Vincent's standard size room is 900 baht a day if you book for a month. Penguin house is 700baht. I don't know what the "overnight visitor" policy is for either one. :dontknow:

Liked

I would love to stay at Vincents but 5 of the 7 rooms are too noisy........but for 2 months maybe you can secure a quiet one...........Apartments can be rented in that area reasonably

Liked

I have stayed at Vincent's many times and never thought it to be noisy.
    I loved the staff and the place and only wished it were closer to Silom (it is a stones throw from the Malaysia Hotel)
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

I went to the website and sent an e-mail to Vincent asking about his policy on joiners and have not received a reply as of yet.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    I have stayed at Vincent's many times and never thought it to be noisy.
    I loved the staff and the place and only wished it were closer to Silom (it is a stones throw from the Malaysia Hotel)
    For me it can not be closer to Silom, because I dont want to stay in the Silom area. Maybe it is also because I have always, in 15 years, been staying in the Sathorn area, and I like it.

There will be no problems of joiners, they even have a security guy on the front door.

Liked

"Vincent s" has been my "Home from home" for several years, I never found it to be too noisy. V. has security and of course joiners are no problem and there is no "joiner fee".

Liked

I know when I was last there that there was no joiners fee but sometimes things change like the did in the Pinnacle. I have not stayed at the Pinnacle in years so I don't know if the Pinnacle has come to terms with joiners or not.

I wonder about no reply from Vincent. He just arrived back in Bangkok after holiday in Ireland. Any hotel can give you monthly rate if you ask.