Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sizzler -- American Steak Restaurant

Liked

Sizzler -- American Steak Restaurant

This is a telling of what I think is an amusing happening. I had been seeing the same guy in Pattaya for several years but we recently had a falling out...Sweet guy....but...

Anyway, Pattaya boys being sort of like taxis (I know it is a crude analogy but it works) I hailed a new one that was willing to put down the meter and go for a ride. Anyway, I have been seeing said boy for the last couple of trips to thailand.

I wanted to take him out to dinner. Anyplace.was fine....bring some friends lets go out... Thai food...we could go to a nice place...or street food....it did not matter ...Up to him...Sizzler with just the two of us...He wanted to go to Sizzler..I laughed so hard...I mean in the US Sizzler is a couple of steps above fast food in the food industry chain...So I say OK where...He assures me that the Sizzler in BKK was much better than the ones in Pattaya as the boofet (my spelling of his pronunciation) was better. We got on the bus and went to Sizzler in Silom...went to some boy shows in patpong and took a taxi back..It was a great time. This guy has had quite a few shall we say farang love interests over the last few years...I get the impression that he is somewhat westernized.

Just curious..how unusual would it be for a thai money boy to prefer a western restaurant chain to hanging out eating thai food...It strikes me as unusual..but I just visit and pay the bar tab.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked

Re: Sizzler -- American Steak Restaurant

When given a choice, My Thai Ex and his family would always pick western or Japanese food over Thai for a dinner out. I guess they get Thai food all week and prefer something different for a treat.
    :dontknow:

Liked: 1

I had a boy special on the go for 4 years. Given the choice he always wanted to eat in O'Reilly pub Bangkok or a place called the Toby Jug which is now closed. He would always have a sirloin steak. I asked him why and the reply was simple and honest. "When you go I can't afford this kind of food and I like it". I always had something from their Thai menu and told him that I have this because when I go I can't get it. Having said that I recently found a Thai restaurant in Saudi, where I live called the Pattaya Restaurant. It's run by one of the few Thais still living in Saudi arabia with Thai cooks and fillipino waiters.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked

Sizzler is quite popular with younger Thais although I would not eat there; as you say, a step above fast food. My Thai bf enjoys a good steak but it must be thick, tender and juicy, just the way I like my meat.

Liked: 1

I went to my last Sizzler forever recently when in Pattaya.The salad bar was more fulfilling than the steak was. I bought a leathe belt on the beach that is probably more tender than what I had, I did notice that the salad bar was well attended by the Thai as you could go back and back and back. But then it was vacation so what the heck.

Liked

Last time I went to Sizzler in Pattaya, the salad bar was swamped with Russians who acted like they had never seen a fresh piece of fruit in their life!

Liked

This might be more frustrating than illuminating, but the Sizzler in Pattaya has an unadvertised special offering for Thais (or anyone else that asks for it). I think the cost is under 200 baht and presents a small entre but unlimited use of the salad bar and a soft drink or water. The frustrating part is I forget what it's called and how you ask for it.

Liked

Some years ago I used to spend a great deal of time with a Thai young man who was desperate do do everything in his power to appear and act as "western" as possible. When we went to breakfast he would regularly order steak and chips!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Slightly hijacking the thread - is there a good steak restaurant in Pattaya? I would occasionally crave a good steak while there. I didn't realise that some boys enjoy the Sizzler experience - will remember that for next time.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    Slightly hijacking the thread - is there a good steak restaurant in Pattaya? I would occasionally crave a good steak while there. I didn't realise that some boys enjoy the Sizzler experience - will remember that for next time.
    If they dont ask for it, please dont give them any crazy ideas. I prefer my som tam with grilled chicken, more than the Sizzler menu.