Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai Artist Neung Passed Away

Thai Artist Neung Passed Away

Regretably, the news I heard a couple days ago but wasn't sure is that well liked, popular Thai artist Neung, the proprietor of the gallery on Silom Soi 4 called "Art at Play", has passed away. He had recently gone to the hospital for heart problems. I had seen him a number of times over the past year. He often looked very fatigued, I feared the worst, and am a litlle relieved, at least that his obvious suffering is over. He was always on Soi 4 at his desk often trying to sell his paintings on his Pc on the internet. My one painting of his gets rave reviews. He will be sorely missed here in Bangkok.

http://www.telephonepub.com/wp-content/ ... notice.jpg

Re: Thai Artist Neung Passed Away

Yes I had heard that a few days ago as well. Some of his paintings were outstanding, he was very talented and only about 38 too.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Way way too young... RIP.

I was very sad to hear this news.
    I new Neung for some 15 years and I have a portrait that he painted of me hanging in my bedroom. I saw him more resently last September, if you or anyone else reading this could give me anymore information I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely and with saddness :-(

I'm so shocked and upset about this. I knew this guy very well and for many years. A very quiet and nice guy and very well respected by other gays. I remember the first time I saw him, he must have been in his early 20s, very fit and muscular, always at the gym, although these past couple of years, I don't think he "gymmed", but still kept his "physique". I was on about age to him recently and he said he was 37, so shows you how long ago "recent" was. He was always attracted to the "daddy sort of leather" guy, and very popular with them. Neung was and is a great guy, he's still with us, just in another place.

I am very saddened by this as well. I know Neung from my many travels to Bkk and would always stop in at his stuio to say hello. He was warm and friendly and always working hard to produce and sell his art. It is so sad he did not recieve the treatment/pacemaker he needed in time.

Where can i see his work when i am in thailand. i might wnt to get some.

Any web site? How old was he when he died?

You have probably noticed already already Cedric (hopefully), but there is a link at the top of this thread which tells you about Neung.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    You have probably noticed already already Cedric (hopefully), but there is a link at the top of this thread which tells you about Neung.
    Thanks yes WD but there is no indication where his works are or exhibited. Im very keen to take a look. Not because he is dead of course but because I always lives in hope of finding a good Thai artist to collect.