Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bali boys

Bali boys

Visited Bali last month.The beachboys are everywhere and are very available!
    On one occasion I was offered a massage and a "special" massage for 200,000 rupiah.In a hurry so I declined.
    The next day the price came down to 100,000 rupiah and OMG it was SO worth it.
    Seminyak is THE place to visit and the BOYS are just sensational !
    :rolling:

Liked

Re: Bali boys

Interesting perspective, justclarkey, and no offense, but I returned from my first visit to Bali yesterday and came away with pretty much the opposite opinion about the beach boys, assuming we were at the same Seminyak beach. There's always the possibility that you just had the good luck and I didn't as far as the working boys go, but with one or two exceptions the guys I found passing through did not impress, and I don't pretend to have the highest of standards in that kind of setting. I would encourage readers to patronize the place and find out for themselves as it's a pleasant spot whether or not you do find suitable company. First time visitors might note that the "gay" beach at Callago is actually a nicely maintained lawn area above the beach proper. There is an assortment of chairs and an open air restaurant with decently priced beach food and friendly staff. The beach isn't the best, though I enjoyed watching the local families gather in the afternoons for picnics and relaxation. It would not be fair to make comparisons with the goings on at someplace like Jomtien and someone expecting that sort of scene would be disappointed. But I wouldn't think of touching the water at Jomtien and would play in the waves in Bali without question if I was into that sort of thing.

This is not to knock Bali in any way. I'd heartily recommend to anyone for a holiday as it really is a magical place and very gay-friendly. I found GayRomeo invaluable for making contacts; most were in fact moneyboys and some might have been fine (I have no problem with moneyboys as long as they're up front about it), but I passed on them and met up with a couple of guys who turned out to be great company, ready to play, and not looking for compensation or eternal love. I stayed at a private pool villa, which I would definitely recommend to anyone gay or straight; no problem with visitors and I suspect I scored better because of that fact; Bali is a very small place and people love to gossip about who is with whom at least as much as they do in Thailand. I used Bali Friendly and found their service excellent. I did stop in at Spartacvs for a drink and think the friendly owner and other outgoing guests would be very helpful for a first-time visitor to the island or to gay life to begin to orient, especially if one was a bit on the mature side. The wait staff is cute and friendly. By virtue of the island's proximity to the land down under, a great many of the tourists I met were Australians, which I offer as a compliment as I enjoy them as a group. Mods kindly note I have no financial interest in any of the establishments or services mentioned by name.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nice report... Chillnorth, thanks. Bali is one place I want to check out. It's so close from Sydney. Could even do a quick week or long weekend there.

Can I ask, how did you get around? Did you rent a motor vehicle? Is it easy/cheap to get taxis anywhere?

Also, what's the name of the private pool villa you stayed at? Was it the kind of place, which is a bit isolated (i.e. need transport to get anywhere to eat/drink etc.) or is it close to town?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Nice report... Chillnorth
    You sure it's not Bali he's "knocking".

UR a BG, ru? :blackeye:

CN, unless you just get bad luck on GR.

:-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

over there you cannot walk 5 mtrs without the hiss if TRRRRRRRansport, misterrrrrrrrrrrrrr?. There are, as is the case in about any| Indo-city, 2 types of taxi, though both have meters: those that use them (the light blue of Bluebird) without hinting, or the others-which will not. Prices are roughly same-same=samasama as in Thaild=very, very reasonable. Buses are non-existent in that area.
    But the best things in Indo are not there on Kuta beach-thats mainly for incomprehensible english bloating always drunk sheil├б's and surfer boys, unable to set 1 step without clinging their bottle of BINTANG(=star) beer.
    Most of those lalaki-pantai (=boys on beach) are not from Bali-there would be too much of gossp behind their backs.
    The oldest and best known ''meet-beach'' is lower and in Kuta-near the hardrockcafe. Dont go looking for it-you will be found. This also acts as a kind of mini-Pattaya for Indo-gays going out for a holiday on rampage. Also about any disco will have a gay corner somewhere. But MBs are also rife-other as in Thaild it is advised to always double check before and set a price. 100.000 (about 11 US$ or 9 EUR=about 350 THB) is enough, real Balinese love most to talk money and will ask for much many more. Many will go for less or rather prefer material presents, like cigs or mobuy-fone tops. It certainly helps a lot to speak the local bahasa, which is not very difficult.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ArNolD
    What do you mean?

UR a BG, ru? :blackeye:
    What do you mean? Are you referring to "boygeenus"? I'm not him.

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    over there you cannot walk 5 mtrs without the hiss if TRRRRRRRansport, misterrrrrrrrrrrrrr?.
    Hehe... you are cute.

Thanks for the helpful info about Bali. Yep, I have heard there's a lot of Aussie bogans there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    What do you mean?

already covered :laughing3: << <pointing up> It's GR he's knocking.

There's been lots of that around lately (GR bashing), some seemingly quite vindictive. I THINK I remember seeing the worst of it lately just DELETED somewhere (thank you, "GB").

As I re-read chillnorth's post it's not that bad, he just had bad luck to get mostly moneyboys. I just can't believe MOST of the 2348 users in Bali ( :wink: ) are MBs (in fact, I found 1 in about 50 about a year ago). To get MOSTLY MBs must be just bad luck.

Liked

If I seemed to be knocking GR it was unintended. I think it's a very useful, um, tool.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

already covered :laughing3: << <pointing up> It's GR he's knocking.

There's been lots of that around lately (GR bashing), some seemingly quite vindictive. I THINK I remember seeing the worst of it lately just DELETED somewhere (thank you, "GB").
    I didn't see anything, which looked like he was knocking Gayromeo...

GB deleted posts, which were negative about Gayromeo?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justclarkey
    Visited Bali last month.The beachboys are everywhere and are very available!
    Seminyak is THE place to visit and the BOYS are just sensational !
    :rolling:
    In reality you are not talking about Bali boys but Indonesian boys. In the tourist south 98% of the boys in gay bars are from elsewhere in Indonesia than Bali, even the staff at all the hotels and restaurants will be from all over.

Very different in Ubud where all the staff are from local villages. Unfortunately for tourists the meeting local boys process is very time consuming just as it is in any western country...getting to know you, slowly, slowly! Worth the effort though as most will play even though all are straight, just horny!. Ubud is probably the classiest city in SE Asia, a world of difference from the trashy south.

Much easier up in the northeast at resorts like Amed, the beach boys there are all locals and whilst being discreet will be happy to join you for a warung meal [$20 for you and 5 boys, total, Wayan's Warung next to WaWaWeWe is perfect] and a drink at your hotel room after. If any offer a massage that is the local language, no massage but an excuse to strip off in your room, just tell them you will massage them when inside and all else follows.....maybe Rp100 little present would be nice, $10, which will mostly go home to mum in the village up in the mountains [no electric, no car access]. But must stay along Lipah Beach, many hotels to pick from Vienna Beach is very popular with discreet gays and local boys.