List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kuala Lumpur still a good gay destination ?

Liked: 1

Kuala Lumpur still a good gay destination ?

Hi,

I was hesitating to go to Kuala Lumpur.

I read this news :

http://malaysian-scandals.blogspot.com/ ... an-in.html

I quote hereunder the text of this news.

Does someone know how is the situation now. The picture of "masseur" found following the link of the site Utopia is very attractive, but do we risk a "police raid" ?

Beside is it possible to invite a boy in hotel room ?

best regards to all

------------------------------------------------------------

The men arrested at gay massage parlours and sauna being led to the George Town police headquarters in Patani Road in Penang.

The men arrested at gay massage parlours and sauna being led to the George Town police headquarters in Patani Road in Penang.

Kuala Lumpur is 'gayer' than Penang, according to those in the know.

They said there are more gay joints in KL and gay services could be easily sought in spas that specifically cater to male clientele.

"Some outlets even have daring themes such as 'underwear night' and 'nude night'," said one source who wanted to be known just as "gay boy".

He said a visit to these places could be interesting, adding that one of the outlets was even operated by a blind man.

Another individual, who confessed to being involved in an "alternative lifestyle", however, said not all gays visit such centres.

He said he was aware of a good number of outlets that cater to gay clients but said he was not so desperate.

A reader, Ng Shu Tsung, said society had misunderstood issues relating to gay activities.

"Lesbians, bisexuals, gays and transvestites are often targets of prejudice and ridicule. Any kind of growing conservatism will make this minority group more scared and remain largely underground," he said, adding it was high time issues relating to homosexuality, transsexuality, bisexuality and HIV-AIDS were openly discussed and debated.

It was reported recently that commercial gay sex activities in health clubs in Penang were rampant, with police swooping in on such clubs.

In Penang, community service officer for HIV-AIDS and marginalised groups Yap Peng Huat said health clubs and massage parlours offering male masseurs should not be perceived in a bad light.

"It is an injustice to both operators and patrons of such outlets. Some people prefer male masseurs because they feel comfortable with the masseurs.

"This minority group of people need a place to call their own, and such outlets are suitable for them," Yap said when contacted on Monday.

He was commenting on the recent police crackdown on gay sex activities at health clubs in the island.

It was earlier reported that Penang police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Wira Ayub Yaakob had called on the local authorities not to renew the licences of health and fitness outlets used for illicit activities.

The Penang Municipal Council recently stated that it would either cancel or not renew licences of such establishments if police reports were lodged against them.

Last year police in Penang nabbed 47 suspected gay workers, including Malaysians and foreigners from Myanmar, Thailand and Indonesia.

Within the first two months of the year, 26 gay sex workers were also nabbed.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Kuala Lumpur still a good gay destination ?

Just saw that article. That is horrible being raided and marched off to the police station and photographed in shame like that. The authorities responsible are arseholes.

I would go ahead and visit KL if I were you. It's a beautiful city and quiet enjoyable to visit for food, shopping, nightlife, a massage and some sightseeing. I could stare at the Petronas Twin Towers all day... visually stunning.

In terms of the risk, I have heard about a number of raids and they seem to be fairly frequent now, but mainly OUTSIDE of KL...

1. There have been multiple raids on gay saunas/massage in Penang, a state far up North from KL.

2. There was a raid on a sauna in Malacca, a city South of KL.

3. I've only heard of one recent raid of a massage parlour in KL itself, but I recall the focus seemed to be on illegal immigrant workers. Don't think the gay aspect was and issue.

4. I think a couple of years ago there was a raid in KL on some big gay orgy. But this was something someone had organised privately in his home and it probably wasn't done with much tact or sensitivity towards Malaysia's still sexually conservative straight society.

That's about all I've heard. This is just from memory so if someone knows better, feel free to add or correct.

For KL overall, I would say gay saunas and massage are ok so far. Gay clubs/discos are of course, no problem.

I don't think you'll have issues bringing back guests to most hotels. I've never had a problem inviting a boy to my room in KL.

I had a massage at this place when I was there - http://www.senjakala.com/ - It was awesome.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

as always-what is ''good'' is too personal to say yes or no.
    There is just 1 (widely known) gay sauna in KUL. No condoms etc (as in those massage places)-as this might mean to polisi there might be sek.
    For HTLs-just like anywhere in this world (certainly you will have travelled?) some have no probs, some small, and some have no-enter rules.
    For a good overview of massage-places offering more; the shamelessmack blogspot.
    GR is said to be very good for hooking up with Malay guys. I suspect most you find on them will be Chinese-but has anyone any info/experience on that?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What does HTL stand for?

Liked

HTL = hotel

Liked

For me >> Yes
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Can anyone add any sort of recent update to the whole "is KL still a good destination" question I wonder ? I'm strongly debating ( and procrasinating with myself about nipping over to KL for 4 or 5 days perhaps whilst on a trip to TL as I've never been there before, but everything I've read is either quite old info, or talks about raids happening, or bars closing more than opening, or very little bars/action generally and or the risk of being robbed ( which I'm "assuming" is no different to anywhere else in Asia per se ? So, am I correct and it is worth bothering to go there or should I give it a miss totally as I wouldn't be missing anything special and head on to the Phillippines instead just perhaps ( I'm also going to Bali later in the month) as its not worth the bother/time - any replies would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NIrish Guy
    Can anyone add any sort of recent update to the whole "is KL still a good destination" question I wonder ? I'm strongly debating ( and procrasinating with myself about nipping over to KL for 4 or 5 days perhaps whilst on a trip to TL as I've never been there before, but everything I've read is either quite old info, or talks about raids happening, or bars closing more than opening, or very little bars/action generally and or the risk of being robbed ( which I'm "assuming" is no different to anywhere else in Asia per se ? So, am I correct and it is worth bothering to go there or should I give it a miss totally as I wouldn't be missing anything special and head on to the Phillippines instead just perhaps ( I'm also going to Bali later in the month) as its not worth the bother/time - any replies would be most appreciated. Thanks.
    Nirish,

GO TO BALI AND HAVE A GOOD TIME. WHY RISK YOUR HOLIDAY LEISURE TIME ON POSSIBLE HASSLE AND DISAPPOINTMENT??...........................A BIRD IN THE HAND...........

ha ha oh don't worry I most definetly am - Bali's a given as I'm really looking forward to it actually, but they I guess the explorer in me always wants to see / risk somewhere new ( well to me anyway) :-)

OK then,

How about exploring Cancun in Mexico or Nepal??.................These guy openly advertise themselves to me and others!