Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: gentlemen only-when? where?

Liked

gentlemen only-when? where?

When and where are we going to get a 'gentlemen only' gay bar? The ladies in the lesbian bar, Jomtien, operate a 'ladies only' bar I'm told; good luck to them, at least they have balls to say what they mean and mean what they say. Not so our gay bar owners; they're bar owners first and gay a poor second.

I'm sick of smug remarks like: "well we're getting a lot of straight couples and single women lately and they're very good spenders".

These owners don't have it both ways with MY money. If ladies enter a gay bar I leave, if they're already nesting there peeking through their fingers at the big cocks I don't go in. But I always explain myself to the mamasan, not that it makes much difference.

I love the company of women but I go to gay bars to get away from them in the same way that straight blokes go to the pub to get away from the wives. Most of all I object to women in gay bars because male nudity in the presence of women makes me cringe with embarrassment. That's the way I was reared. I think most gay men think like I do. Their absence creates the need to fill up empty seats with straight couples and women. A self perpetuating policy which in the long run is BAD FOR BUSINESS.

Any gay bar owner out there with the cajones to implement a 'gentlemen only' policy for at least one season if only as an experiment?

Liked

Re: gentlemen only-when? where?

Yeah, I know, those women can be very scary at times...

"OMG! It's a female! I must leave right away."

Really, I just don't get the rationale... It's going to be 2011 shortly, so my guess is you're just going to have to get over it, and live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    I think most gay men think like I do.
    I don't think anything even remotely close to that. If the women don't want to see dick in public, they probably won't sit around and drink in a gay bar, so I wouldn't worry about being uncomfortable because they seen a bit of flesh. Women are allowed to be sex tourists too. :-) Or what? Women aren't allowed to pickup straight guys from the bars, and they should all be reserved for gay men only? Women need sexy times too. :-)

PS. If gay people want full equality & rights in society, then we should probably act what we preach, and be open minded & tolerant, don't you think?

Liked

I agree with the original poster. My objection to women in gay bars is I don't like being part of their entertainment. They come not only to look at the dancing guys, but to ogle the gay customers and snicker amongst themselves at our behavior. It's even worse when a tour bus empties their gaggle of misbehaving tourists to fill a bar and make the regular customers feel as if they are the interlopers.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by RichLB
    I agree with the original poster. My objection to women in gay bars is I don't like being part of their entertainment. They come not only to look at the dancing guys, but to ogle the gay customers and snicker amongst themselves at our behavior. It's even worse when a tour bus empties their gaggle of misbehaving tourists to fill a bar and make the regular customers feel as if they are the interlopers.
    Yes I too agree with the original poster and with RichLB, so well done to both of you.

Seems to me that most gays whatever nationality do want places for ourselves and having women and straights in our bars amongst other things simply spoils the dynamics of these places. Do any of you remember the old Rome Club in BKK? it was the best late night place in town for gays until the straights discovered it and then it went down hill. Years back the old Holywood off south pattaya road was the best in Pattaya for our community, but it moved to North Pattaya and has a more straight clientele and the gays have mostly abandoned it and now go to NAB and Dave Club.
    I agree someone should have the guts to say :'Men Only' or even 'Gay Only' or have a similar door policy.But with the greedy bar owners, that prospect is unlikely so like the OP does, best to vote with ones feet.
    Maybe one answer is to have more non- gay bars catering exclusively to straight women who want straight boys?!

When and where are we going to get a 'gentlemen only' gay bar? The ladies in the lesbian bar, Jomtien, operate a 'ladies only' bar I'm told; good luck to them, at least they have balls to say what they mean and mean what they say. Not so our gay bar owners; they're bar owners first and gay a poor second.
    Why don't you give it a try yourself?
    There are lots of bars for sale in Pattaya right now ... put your money where your mouth is.

Liked

I'm told what opened as a lesbian bar in Jomtien now welcome anyone they can get ..... economic reality I'm afraid. However I do have some sympathy with the original OP .... I refuse to be part of the 'entertainment' for straights in a bar, which is very different from having straight friends accompanying you as, well friends. as many of mine do.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In the short term most gay gogo bars probably make more money by allowing straights in. The answer comes down to what the long-term implications are... what percentage of customers do we lose by allowing women in and what percentage of customers do we gain by allowing them in? It would vary on a case by case basis. In Boyztown, Pattaya they probably get a lot of tourists so they have a lot to lose if they implement a no females policy. Similarly the biggest gogo bars in Bangkok like Dream Boys would lose a LOT of customers if they barred women. I see lots of girls and mixed groups in there. Pretty sure I've seen gay guys with their female friends there too.

Most of all I object to women in gay bars because male nudity in the presence of women makes me cringe with embarrassment. That's the way I was reared. I think most gay men think like I do.
    I definitely don't think like that. Don't mind male nudity in front of women at all. In fact it kind of turns me on.

Quote Originally Posted by RichLB
    I wouldn't like being gawked at either but I've never had this issue... Only times I've seen women in gogo bars they were either watching the show and having fun like everyone else or smitten and charmed by some gogo boy.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

I'm sick of smug remarks like: "well we're getting a lot of straight couples and single women lately and they're very good spenders".

These owners don't have it both ways with MY money. If ladies enter a gay bar I leave, if they're already nesting there peeking through their fingers at the big cocks I don't go in. But I always explain myself to the mamasan, not that it makes much difference.
    Do you object to lesbians in "your" gay bar?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Shortbread
    Why don't you give it a try yourself?
    There are lots of bars for sale in Pattaya right now ... put your money where your mouth is.
    Agreed,the op might quickly revert to an all sexes allowed bar.
    I really don't notice this 'problem',at all.Try the sunee plaza bars,not many women there.

Liked

"Shortbread' tells me to open a bar and put my money where my mouth is. I have never been in the bar business and I'm not going in now.

I'm glad that most posters agree with me on the topic in question. I hope they act accordingly and tell the bars the reason.

Gay bars are there to cater for gay people. There are hundreds of bars catering for the straights including bars for straight women and if more are needed then people like 'shortbread' can put their money where their mouths are and open more.

The minimum that gay bars should offer gay clients should include; a gay ambiance, freedom from embarrassment or ridicule, reasonable prices and a safe 'legal' environment ie no underage boys being presented as of legal age. The
    latter is important because so many gays are scammed through the use of 'almost legal' young men.

At the moment we're offered: a gay theme park in Boystown, a rip-off soi on Suriwong and a small number of places that are genuine but isolated; that is until the trendy straights find them.

I suspect that it's the private ambition of many gay bar owners to evolve into the trendy straight market on the backs of the gay clients. But not on MY back thank you. It's something I'm not going to put up with. ( Yes, Mr. Troll I know, this being Thailand I often finish with a proposition.)