Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where to stay in bangkok

where to stay in bangkok

Better to ask than to rely only on a book. What is a nice hotel, not hugely expensive but not a dive in bangkok to stay at? I am also going to punket as well so the same question for there.

Re: where to stay in bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by todare
    Better to ask than to rely only on a book. What is a nice hotel, not hugely expensive but not a dive in bangkok to stay at? I am also going to punket as well so the same question for there.
    When in Bangkok, I like to stay at the Pinnacle close to Lumpinee Park.

Liked

It would be helpful to know what price you want to pay and how close to Silom you want to be.
    You can get places like Malaysia and Pinnancle for less than 1000 baht, and many people here would not go anywhere else.

It depends also how close you wish to stay to Silom/ Patpong. I have for 15 years stayed at Unico Grande Silom formerly known as Tower Inn, when travelling with friends.They have a great roof top swimming pool with a bar and restaurant with tremendous views of the city. It is a short walk to Patpong and an inexpensive taxi home if you have company. 24 hour coffee shop and a breakfast buffet that is great value.
    Rooms are huge.
    However the charges vary from the website to booking agencies like asiarooms.co, agoda etc.
    In august my friends got less than 1500baht per night.

Others swear by Om Yim Lodge which is even closer to Patpong.

http://www.omyimgroup.com/omyimhome.html

When travelling by myself I peruse the asiarooms, agoda and similar websites for specials and places like Dusit Thani and Silom Sofitel often have great specials

You have 3 room costs
    Malaysia and Pinnancle below 1000bpn
    Unico and Om Yim up to 2000bpn
    the 5 star hotels that can be between 3000 and 4000 bpn but often more

shop around after you decide your budget
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Liked

Lowest price in Dusit is 4000 THB. This is not what I would call a "not hugely expansive" place to stay in ..
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by llz
    Lowest price in Dusit is 4000 THB. This is not what I would call a "not hugely expansive" place to stay in ..
    It was lower just weeks ago 3300. Not a hugely expensive place to stay however breakfast is
    not cheap.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

I would suggest you aim for the Silom/Suriwomg areas if you want to be close to the gay (commercial ) areas.
    Always a good start is to research the area on Laterooms/booking.com/Asia Rooms/Agoda and see the latest bargains. My last trip I stayed at the Silom Serene which was very pleasant - a large room, varied breakfast, nice outside pool/bar area/ helpful staff and no issue at all with bringing in joiners (they have to register their ID,for security, but no costs etc). The Hotel was 1800, but normally quite a bit more than this.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by llz
    I paid 3,000 for a deluxe room the first time I stayed there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Personally, I think if you pay more than 2000 - 2500 baht for accommodation in Bangkok you are simply not doing your homework. There a lodgings aplenty in this price range and bloody good ones too.

Check out Agoda.com. They have some great prices.

But some people like to pay 4000/5000B just so they can tell us about it - the same people who claim always to fly first or business class.

:bee: