Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Should I go or should I stay

Liked

Should I go or should I stay

Am arriving in Bangkok April 8 and was intending to spent 4 nights in Pattaya arriving Friday 13. But looking around on the net it would seem that, owing to the Songran festival, it may be impossible to get down to Pattaya as the roads will be jam packed. I was planning to return to Bangkok on 17th but now find it is a public holiday. Would I also have trouble getting back to Bangkok due to the heavy traffic??
    Also, are the bars empty during the festival as all the boys have gone back home?
    Finally, i see the word LOS in posts. What does it stand for?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Liked
    тАЬтАжowing to the Songran festival, it may be impossible to get down to PattayaтАжтАЭ
    It will just take a little longer, maybe 3 ┬╜?? hours rather than 2 ┬╜. The same returning to BKK.

тАЬтАжare the bars empty during the festival as all the boys have gone back home?тАЭ
    Perhaps some fewer, but still far more than you can handle.

LOS = Land of Smiles.

pattaya

If you arrive in Pattaya on the 13th you'll be safe as Songkran in pattaya starts on the 18th. The highways may be congested and it may take a little longer getting to or from but you should have no problem arranging the transfers. The bars will still have boys available as they will be earning money for the next days partying. LOS=Land Of Smiles. Stay or go UP to YOU!

Re: pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    If you arrive in Pattaya on the 13th you'll be safe as Songkran in pattaya starts on the 18th. The highways may be congested and it may take a little longer getting to or from but you should have no problem arranging the transfers. The bars will still have boys available as they will be earning money for the next days partying. LOS=Land Of Smiles. Stay or go UP to YOU!
    All "good boys" have gone home to be with their family to have fun and celebrate, head up North if you want to catch em and have some fun too.

songkran up north is on duifferent dates to pattaya. My Thai friends are off to Udon for songkran with family then back to pattaya for songkran with friends and farangs

Forum's veteran
    Liked

stop being a fusspot !!

get down there and enjoy yourself !!!..just don't bother getting that hair up in it's usual beehive..your'e likely to get a bucket of iced water over it.

did you find a hotel with a pool after all the hard work we went to giving you the info ?? :cat:
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked
    What did you decide to do? You'll have fun in Pattaya. Nowadays I try to escape Bangkok as quickly as possible after arrival. Some other options in addition to Pattaya that you could consider. These are all either day trips or 2-3 days max:

Ayuthaya --visit the old Thai capital

Lopburi --everyone loves monkeys

Ko Kret --an island in the Chao Phraya River, a boat ride from bangkok (also if you watched The Amazing Race, they stopped here)

River Kwai --over-rated but maybe you're a war/movie buff

Chiang Mai --1-hr flight, lots to do

Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park --I'm guessing this is 4-hrs from Bangkok? like driving to Hui Hin but further

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Dboy
    Ko Kret --an island in the Chao Phraya River, a boat ride from bangkok (also if you watched The Amazing Race, they stopped here)
    Unless you arrange something specal I don't thing the usual commuter boats go to Ko Kret anymore. You get close on two seperate boats but then you have to take a share mini bus, regular bus or taxi for the last leg. It's also know as Wat Polamai, some taxi drivers would not know it as Ko Kret. You then have to take a cross river boat to get to the island, for something like 5B.
    E Dok Tong