List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laundry in Silom charged per kilo?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Laundry in Silom charged per kilo?

Does anyone know a laundry place that charges per kilo (rather than per item) near the Rama IV end of Silom Rd?

I found one laundry place between Le Meridien and Tarntawan Place Hotel, but they charge 'per item', which costs a lot more. I found a "per kilo" laundry place around the corner from the Sofitel but I've yet to find one near the Dusit/Le Meriden end of Silom where I sometimes stay.

Liked

Re: Laundry in Silom charged per kilo?

Not sure, only ever spent maybe 4 days in Bangkok before. Didn't like it. Can't remember ever seeing any laundry that does it by the kilo though, although there's several that will give a discount if you buy a "membership" of say 500 pieces at one time.

No idea, don't have to worry about laundry nowadays. Cleaning lady does it, because she knows she gets 400 instead of 300 baht if she does laundry. She goes outside with a big plastic tub, some detergent, and scrubs away. Clean as a whistle.

Liked

Silom I believe Soi 7 which is just before Bangkok Bank I believe.

On the left hand side there is small Hotel more like a backpackers place. Sorry don't remember the name but you will see a sign for laundry. They do it by the kilo and do a good job

Liked

I checked on Google

Actually it is Soi Phipat which is Soi 3 . I am right it is just before Bangkok Bank if you are coming from Saladaeng.

30 meters left hand side HQ Hostel. They do laundry by the kilo even if you don't stay there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Does anyone know a laundry place that charges per kilo (rather than per item) near the Rama IV end of Silom Rd?

I found one laundry place between Le Meridien and Tarntawan Place Hotel, but they charge 'per item', which costs a lot more. I found a "per kilo" laundry place around the corner from the Sofitel but I've yet to find one near the Dusit/Le Meriden end of Silom where I sometimes stay.

WTF is he on about? How much do you expect to save? Is it just for you panties and socks or are you acting as a tour guide and laaundry is for the whole bus load.

You hint you are staying in a 5 star hotel and yet you are trying to save 100 baht on a couple of days washing.

Save your shoe leather and get it done at the nearest.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Not sure, only ever spent maybe 4 days in Bangkok before. Didn't like it.
    Really? You must be a genuine small-town guy then. Born in a small town... live in a small town... probably die in a small town... educated in a small town... bed in a small town... breathe in a small town... you get the drift.

I love Bangkok... it's a huuuuge city. Don't think I could stand living in a little city or town, unless I was taking frequent trips outside of it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    I checked on Google

Actually it is Soi Phipat which is Soi 3 . I am right it is just before Bangkok Bank if you are coming from Saladaeng.

30 meters left hand side HQ Hostel. They do laundry by the kilo even if you don't stay there.
    Sweet... Thanks firecat69... That's really useful. I'll check it out when I'm there.

The challenge with these laundry places is sometimes they are hard to spot... I'm always telling the owners to get a bigger sign.

Liked

I have found a place on Surawong past Soi Tawan that charges 250B per load with same day service. I have always been satisfied with their quality of service. I have not noted any in the area you are asking about.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcraig
    WTF is he on about? How much do you expect to save? Is it just for you panties and socks or are you acting as a tour guide and laaundry is for the whole bus load.

You hint you are staying in a 5 star hotel and yet you are trying to save 100 baht on a couple of days washing.

Save your shoe leather and get it done at the nearest.
    Something in boganville got up your bogan arse today?

Here's a lesson on how not to stay poor and stupid:

Average load of laundry every 4-6 days is 1,500 to 2,000 baht if I get the hotel to do it.

If I go to an outside "charge by item" laundry it is about 700-800 baht.

If I find a "charge by kilo" laundry it's about 150 baht. That's 1,500 baht or $60 I can put to better use.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by adman5000
    I have found a place on Surawong past Soi Tawan that charges 250B per load with same day service. I have always been satisfied with their quality of service. I have not noted any in the area you are asking about.
    Sweet... Thanks. That's right across the road from Le Meridien... and close enough to the Dusit. I'll check that one out too.

Same Day service is great. The place I had to use last was this little place beside the Tarntawan Place Hotel (I think)... They charged by the item and the time frame was something stupid like, 3 days... with something ridiculous like a 50% premium for 2-day service... and 100% premium for 1-day service.