Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amor

Re: Amor

ahh ok, I don't think he will have gone into partnership, probably sold it, the person who owns Amor was getting on a bit so I doubt it he would go into partnership. Wait and see I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Oops He Did It Again
    ... why would a "Cute Thai Boy" be interested.....

So he can be overjoyed that it's closed the next time one of the aforementioned punters suggests eating a meal in there prior to suckee-fuckee back at the hotel loom?

Tried it twice in 10years - vastly overrated, nothing special.

Amor that it, not suckee-fuckee.

Actually, come to think of it, suckee-fuckee too.

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    ... vastly overrated, nothing special.
    Almost any place our (at the moment thankfully quiet) resident "expert" liked was always overrated in his gushing reviews, so if you're basing your opinion on that... :rolling:

My experience at Amor has always been a very good meal at a fair price, with pleasant wait staff and a good view of the soi. I still haven't found a fresh mango cheesecake anywhere else I've enjoyed as much as the one there, either.

Besides being generous with contributions to a number of causes Richard always seemed to be a nice guy the times I'd visited with him about restaurant operation and the food service industry in general. I hope he continues in the restaurant business somewhere there in Pattaya.

Liked

I've never had a problem with Amor's food, in fact it was quite good, however, contrary to Bao, I did find the prices rather high

Quote Originally Posted by bao-bao
    Almost any place our (at the moment thankfully quiet) resident "expert" liked was always overrated in his gushing reviews, so if you're basing your opinion on that... :rolling:
    I'm basing it on the personal experience I've had (twice) after hearing people telling me that it was worth a visit. I didn't find it awful but as I said, nothing special considering it was not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by bao-bao
    Besides being generous with contributions to a number of causes Richard always seemed to be a nice guy the times I'd visited with him about restaurant operation and the food service industry in general..
    To be honest I don't choose where to eat by how much the proprietor contributes to good causes or how nice a guy he may be - nor do I choose a restaurant according to whether I can have some in depth conversation with mine host. I go (with company) to enjoy a nice meal , and ......well it was on a par with Le Cafe Royale, that's the best I can say.

:bee:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    To be honest I don't choose where to eat by how much the proprietor contributes to good causes or how nice a guy he may be - nor do I choose a restaurant according to whether I can have some in depth conversation with mine host. I go (with company) to enjoy a nice meal , and ......well it was on a par with Le Cafe Royale, that's the best I can say.
    A valid opinion, no argument from me. I wasn't clear with my comment, I guess. I've had enough restaurant experience to have a feel for a place based on the attitude and behavior of staff and management, so if I walk in and hear the boss rudely berating a waiter on the dining floor - or see a waiter wiping off a table with the same cloth they've just wiped up a spill on the floor with (neither of which I saw at Amor, BTW) I don't bother to sit down and eat.

I've also had a number of meals at Le Cafe Royale, and while it was fine I would never put it on the same level of quality as the food Amor served. Not wishing to support the place across from it I guess that only leaves LCR for me now if Amor has closed, and I'm fine with that. It's not like Boyztown serves the only decent food in the area.

Liked

C'mon, who goes to Boyztown to eat? Well, suck maybe, but not eat!
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

But at midnight and after 2 or 3 bottles of Johnnie Walker Black Label I get a bit peckish

:rolling:

Liked

Well, I suppose 'faggot & chips' at the end of the night might be okay.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.