List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amor and Cafe Royale restaurant closing for renovations?

Liked

Amor and Cafe Royale restaurant closing for renovations?

Friend just rang to say he had seen on one of the sites that Amor and Cafe Royale are closing for susposed renovations. Has there been a sign erected on either place or is it just word of mouth.

Personally I thought CR went down hill after Robbie passed away. The floor staff were disinterested and the meals not up to their standards of a few years back.

I had noticed on gayaffairspattaya.com that Hugh is back again at Ambience, whether he is the right man for the job we will have to wait and see.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Re: Amor and Cafe Royale restaurant closing for renovations?

You are certainly correct about the CR food standards going downhill.
    The last 2 meals I have had were both almost inedible.
    I put the 1st one down to bad luck but the 2nd one confirmed the decline.

Here's hoping things improve.

:occasion9:

The last time i ate at LCR, which was only 2 weeks ago, i was violently sick! and it could only have been from there, because it was the only meal i ate that night, i had eaten there about 3 weeks earlier, and then i thought the food was not good, but at least i was not sick! no wonder the place is empty, and i am sure the waiter that served me was very drunk, i asked my thsi friend who was with me, and he agreed that he appeard drunk, and his speech was slured? needless to say, i wont be back, maybe i will re-visit the refurbished Amor?
    Has anybody else had bad food experiences at LCR, or is it just me?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Violently sick? What happened to the mouthwatering orgasmic delight?

I hope your not referring to el duo? i was in tonight (literally!) and although i did not partacke of their culinary delights, i did have to endure mr toi, the resident singer, tearing into lady gaga, bad romance, well, love her or hate her ( i am in the latter camp) their are some songs that you just don't cover, and trust me, this is one of them, thank god i was the only customer! food side, beststick to a bag of cheese & onion, and some pork scratchings!

It actually shows that workers do not give a **** when in a lot of industry, this is not just in Thailand its all over the world, if they are not supervised properly, then you just don't get the service. Some of the attitude of these waiters in a few of the gay establishments is just incredible, the attitude is beaming off them. They basically don't want to do a minimum wage job, they want to be "pop stars" instead. It is common sense on how to prepare and keep food, especially to someone who has been "doing it for years". So, there's no excuse.

Having said that, I never complain at a restaurant or ask them to send the food back for whatever reason. If I complain it is generally after the meal (obviously if something was "off" then I wouldn't eat it). If you complain and the food goes back to the kitchen, who knows what they will do to it, if you complain heavily they might even spit in it and give it to you back. And I bet this is common. Similar to airlines, problem passengers, the stewards/esses are well known to "do things".

Don't complain until after your meal and do not go back to the establishment, simple - and more importantly keep posting complaints on a board like this for other people to view. In that way, establishments will have to book up their ideas.

On another note, and Pattaya specifically, I went to Wild West one night, not to go overboard, but there was some kind of problem, nothing to do with me - but, anyway, the only thing the mamasan and waiters were interested in was paying the bill - you wouldn't believe how anxious they were to "get the money in". Understandable I suppose, after all it is a business - but I won't be visiting that place again.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    ... If you complain and the food goes back to the kitchen, who knows what they will do to it...they might even spit in it.... And I bet this is common....well known to "do things"..
    This reminds me of being warned (by the mother of an ex-member of their staff) never to eat in a certain ********'s in Newcastle Upon Tyne because the young kitchen boys thought it amusing to occasionally ejaculate on to the burgers.

Needless to say I made it my habit to eat there every night from then on.

:occasion9: :occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If one becomes "violently sick" after eating somewhere the mature thing to do would be to contact the manager and let them know as soon as possible. Sometimes that helps correct the problem. The immature thing to do would be to make an unsubstantiated claim on a forum and try to damage a place's reputation. Far too often that's done here as part of some sort of childish game.

How long after eating did you get sick? There are basic "rule of thumb" time frames for the onset of various food-born problems. What other possible contaminants had you been exposed to within that time frame? Had you possibly been exposed to it from another source, say, that morning at breakfast - or the previous evening?

If nobody else but you got sick from dining there the previous evening, you might want to consider the source (as should we, regarding posts like that).

Liked

I was in Pattaya for a few weeks in april..I did notice that Amor was not doing any business.As far as LCR is concerned I would not eat there at all.I am told that Amor is forsale and hopefully LCR will improve after the renovations.One never knows whats happening in Pattaya regarding the openings and closings of various venues.They seem to come and go all the time.LCR is really due for an upgrade,not just the restaurant but the entire hotel..El Duo are well past their time and the singer there should now retire. LCR used to be a great late night bar when Ian and Robbie were there.I had many a great night there and it idid not need the likes of El Dou to get people in.But times change .....and maybe we all should......regardless I hope these venues are brought back to their former glory..we can only hope....

Yes I feel some of these joints should be upgraded, they are little tired. LCR's Piano Bar could become a different coloured hanky every night club, red, yellow and brown nights. Any suggestions for BBB!