Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening business in Thailand

Opening business in Thailand

I know perhaps this isn't the best place to ask but I have noticed many members here seem to know a few farangs who have opened various kinds of business in Thailand.. so I was curious how does that work?
    Anyone can open any sort of business in Thailand? Not that I plan to go and open my own Gogo bar... it's pure curiosity..

On my return flight from my last trip to HKT in April I overheard someone (straight) mentioning the need of a "Thai wife" in order to be entitled to open and own business..

Re: Opening business in Thailand

Voyager.. you must have missed the part where I say: Not that I plan to go and open my own Gogo bar... it's pure curiosity..

I love Italy and I am blessed to work for my current employer because it's a dream come true.... although in BKK there is one company where I'd literally KILL to work.

American citizens are allowed to own companies 100%. This dates back to a Thai-American Treaty of Amity from the 1960's.

For all other nationalities, companies must be owned at least 51% by Thai citizens (except very large ones with Board of Investment endorsement).

Liked

The best way is to come to Thailand as a young man, find some Thai bigwig, probably in the military, and become his catamite. He'll then provide you with some sort of monopoly concession in return, and you're home dry.

Catamite...one of my favorite words.

Forget Thailand now, if you want to open a "friendly" business, go to Cambodia, that is the place now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowvoyager

Newbie do yourself a favor don't even think about it! Thailand is a great place to loose a small fortune! And as you will need a Thai involved at some point you will loose everything assuredly....

..."LOSE", FOR GOD'S SAKE, "LOSE"...

:violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1:

Quote Originally Posted by CuteThaiBoi
    Forget Thailand now, if you want to open a "friendly" business, go to Cambodia, that is the place now.
    Please enlighten us to as to the business ownership laws in Cambodia regarding foreigners?

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CuteThaiBoi
    there are already dozens of "gay friendly" hotels in Cambodia.
    That market seems already saturated in the hotel business, and tourists are now aware of that scam to put the "gay friendly" label everywhere without any special offer for gay.

If you are not conviced, below is the list of gay friendly hotels only in Siem Reap:

Advisor Angkor Villa hotel
    Allson Angkor Hotel
    Allson Angkor Paradise Hotel
    Angkor Century Resort & Spa
    Angkor Friendship Inn
    Angkor Home Hotel
    Angkor Palace Resort & Spa
    Angkor Pearl
    Angkor Saphir Hotel
    Antanue Angkor Villa
    Auberge Mont Royal Hotel
    Bopha Angkor
    Borei Angkor Hotel
    Central Boutique Angkor Hotel
    City Royal Hotel
    Claremont Angkor Hotel, Siem Reap
    Dara Reang Sey Hotel
    Ei8ht Rooms
    Ei8htinn
    Empress Angkor Hotel
    FCC Angkor
    Ghech Summit Hotel
    Golden Banana Boutique Hotel
    Grand Hotel D'Angkor
    Heritage Suites Hotel
    Hotel 89
    Hotel Be Angkor
    Hotel de la Paix
    Kazna
    Kingdom Angkor Hotel
    La Maison dтАЩAngkor
    La Palmeraie
    La Residence d'Angkor
    Les Orientalistes
    Mysteres d'Angkor
    Neak Prean Guesthouse
    Palm Garden Lodge Hotel
    Parklane Hotel
    Preah Khan Hotel
    Prum Bayon Hotel
    Royal Angkor Resort & Spa
    Seven Inn Guesthouse
    Shinta Mani
    SiemReapRooms Guesthouse
    Soria Moria
    Steung Siem Reap Hotel
    Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor
    Tara Angkor Hotel
    The Cockatoo Resort
    The Kool Hotel
    The One Hotel Angkor
    The River Garden
    The Sothea
    Victoria Hotel
    Viroth's Hotel

Liked

Oh, dear... On my one and only trip to Siem Reap I appear, judging from PaulCambo's exhaustive list, to have stayed at the only gay-unfriendly hotel in town - Raffles.

But it was very nice, all the same...
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]