Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expats view of current events in Bangkok

Liked

Re: Expats view of current events in Bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by sanook
    Isn't it great? At last, a touch of reality to brighten up our otherwise drab and all but surreal lives.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
    [attachment=0:2rbg1usa]Napalm in the morning.jpg[/attachment:2rbg1usa]

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Monday morning 17 May

Napalm is one thing but the acrid stench of burnt tyres in bkk right now... overwhelming.

Will write amore this afternoon when we have surveyed the surrounds.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    Will write amore this afternoon when we have surveyed the surrounds.
    So you'll be reporting from a morgue then lol.

That welsh guy, other than stupid, sounds like my mother.. always sending me to school no matter what!

I mean, there's friggin riots and all you can think of is taking your kid to school?? And then he decided it was not safe and they went to their beach house... well...DUHHHHHHHHH

Smiles, you are more aggressive and frankly stupid than a I thought. And what is disturbing about you is your bias. Apparently you don't even bother reading and using that last neurone left in your skull.

Good idea you cancelled that dumb post, maybe you realized you made a fool of yourself. I'm telling you, stop being a smart ass to me.

For those who can't understand this snotty reply, he posted a reply saying I was stupid for what I said in my most. Then he cancelled it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TotalNewbie
    Smiles, you are more aggressive and frankly stupid than a I thought. And what is disturbing about you is your bias. Apparently you don't even bother reading and using that last neurone left in your skull.

Good idea you cancelled that dumb post, maybe you realized you made a fool of yourself. I'm telling you, stop being a smart ass to me.

For those who can't understand this snotty reply, he posted a reply saying I was stupid for what I said in my most. Then he cancelled it.
    giggsy wrote:
    thenorthguy wrote:
    Smiles you obviously make up a large part of that 98% crap.........

northguy.. Smiles is one of the nicer/better posters on here.One weird thing about him though is that he likes to "have a go" at new posters. But if you give it back to him he usually takes it in good heart. Another thing I have noticed about him is that he likes to have a few tantrums about this board/moderators...but woe betide anyone else that does without very good reason.

ditto TotalNewbie
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

So this current events in BKK thread is now about Smiles? He can stick up for himself, so leave the man be.

Now back in BKK and cannot small the burning tyres, as I had imagined we might.

All shopping area now closed. Not only Central World (from the beginning of the month) but now also Tokyu and MBK and anywhere around upper Surawongsee, Silom, Sathorn right through to Pratunam (sp?).

A bit of a bummer really as I had anticipated doing some quick shopping for myself. Not likely now as even night market has been abandoned.

There is a BIG sale on at Queen Sirikit Centre for all the stores in Central World, Siam Paragon area to try and divest themselves of some stock. Huge reductions but trying to get to Queen Sirikit Centre in Lumpini Park, that in itself is a bit of a challenge as you need to run the gauntlet or very close to. This is too close for most. Sale has been extended because people are not arriving in the expected droves. The first 2 days it was really busy but then everything went tits-up, with the Red-Shirts revolting (very revolting). We may try and get there anyway.

The protest has now turned into vandalism and looting. The protest has lost any credibility it may have had. There are thousands of tyres stacked up at certain places kept buring day and night with fuel throwing and more tyres. A rubbish truck, some buses and some police and army vehicles have also been set alight.
    Cheers
    Krobbie

Sirikit Center is in Lupinee Park? They must have moved it since the last time I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oops I Did It Again
    Sirikit Center is in Lupinee Park? They must have moved it since the last time I was there.

How can we put this gently........................................

.................................................. .........................they moved it BECAUSE you'd been there.

:occasion9: :occasion9: