Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Service?

Car Service?

Can anyone suggest a decent car service to run me from Silom in Bangkok to Sodom-by-the-sea?

I've used Mr. Dream Transport in the past but as they've not returned my emails or voice messages for 5 days, I assume that they are no longer in business.

I looked at the Image Limo website and saw that they want 2800 baht for a "3 seater sedan" for that route; at that price, I would expect a damn fine "3 seater" and a spectacular happy ending massage to boot.

Any referrals, along with the phone number, that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance

Re: Car Service?

Most metered taxis will be happy to do the trip for 1200 - 1500Baht. Make sure that you include the cost of the expressways.
    Next time you get a taxi ask him if he would like to do the trip and negotiate a price. He will then pick you up at the appointed time/place.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just grab a meter taxi. 1,100-1,300 including tolls should be enough.

If, during the day, you pop into The Suriwongse Hotel lobby (off Surawong Road) you will find Mr Tan at his little "sightseeing tour" desk near the coffee shop.

He is a very pleasant and reliable guy whom you can speak to in person obviously and he will either take you himself or arrange a reliable driver.

He has a merc which is very comfortable, is a pleasant conversationalist while driving, and I would not imagine you would pay much more than 1500B door-to-door.

Yes you could get a meter taxi for less, sit with your legs round your neck for 3 hours, and stare out the window

Hope this helps

:hello1:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Is this the guy with the black e-class?

Liked

The bus from Ekamai is 113B. AC and comfortable. Take MRT to Asoke, transfer to BTS and your right there, or take BTS all the way to Ekamai. I don't get this being taken and dropped off thing so many of you seem to need?
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    The bus from Ekamai is 113B. AC and comfortable. Take MRT to Asoke, transfer to BTS and your right there, or take BTS all the way to Ekamai. I don't get this being taken and dropped off thing so many of you seem to need?

Obviously, unlike most SGT posters, you do not travel with copious amounts of baggage - a dozen hat boxes alone can be very difficult to manage on and off a bus , never mind the matched luggage.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The direct door to door you get with a driver probably shaves a good hour or more off the transit time, which makes it worthwhile. Time spent getting to the bus, waiting for the bus to leave, then getting from the bus to your accommodation at the other end is probably more than an hour.

The only benefit of the bus is it's probably safer...

I'm with Trongpai on this. I don't get it either. So you arrive 2 pm at your Pattaya Hotel in your 2,000 baht sedan instead of 3 pm on the back of a 20 baht songtaew, downloaded from the 113 baht bus at the North Pattaya Terminus. What could one have possibly accomplished in that precious one hour between 2 and 3 that one couldn't do in the many days ahead in Pattaya?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think it's a personal preference.

But facts and figures are:

Taxi = 1,300 + 2 hrs (I forget the exact time)

Bus = 150 baht (inc train/taxi to terminal and Songthaew) + 3-3.5 hrs

Difference is you pay an extra 1,150 baht (about $30?) and save 1 to 1.5 hrs... I think it's worth it. Especially as road transit time is "dead time"... you can't do much else than listen to your iPod or snooze.