Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Burma help wanted!!

Burma help wanted!!

Anyone any info on how to help my Burmese boy?, normally I go to Burma to see him a few times a year, but now its difficult to get visa. Usually an agency got the visa for you, took about 1 week, now you have to goto Bangkok and apply yourself, no idea how long I would need to hang around Bangkok...so any ideas how long visa takes?
    Also any ideas how to send money to Burma for him to get air ticket to Mae Hong Son?.
    Can he cross the border there into Thailand? (legally).
    Any other info would help
    Thanks

Liked

Re: Burma help wanted!!

I think he can cross the border of chiang rai and burma with ease right...

Dont need a passport...
    I Love You Too

No, it is not hard to get a visa unless you lie on the application or you are a western reporter. Just go early to the embassy in Bangkok. If you are near the front of the morning line you can get your vista that afternoon or the next day. If you arrive late then you will have to come back in one or two days. No problems.

Your friend must know how to get money to him. There are many agents in Thailand who transmit money daily to Myanamr. Tell him to ask around with his friends and they will know the contact in Bangkok.

Liked

I just obtained a visit visa for Myanmar in Bangkok. The Embassy is on Sathorn at Pan Road, BTS short walk. The entrance to the Visa section is a small entry (hole in the wall) to a dumpy small room with no AC. You have to go to the "Collections" window to ask for the three froms, fill them it and paste two visa photos. Then go back to the Collections window and get a wait ticket and then when your number comes up turn it all in with 810B, correct change is best, at least the 10B.

He asked a few questions and gave me a receipt to return to pick up the vias in three days. There's a next day service at an added cost, I don't know how much. You pick up between 3 and 4:30 but be there by 3 as when there's no one there they can close early. It took about 15 min.

The Visa section is open a 9am to 11 and then 1 to 3pm. Pick up was quick, there's visa service agents with stacks of passports but the guy on duty was pushing them to the side for those with only only one receipts.
    E Dok Tong