Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
Is it perhaps shere jealousy on your part hitched to an almighty dose of self pity? After all, you also said this after your first ever trip to Thailand in October 2014 -
I meant with that that I wished I had discovered Thailand as gay holiday destination in my 30s. Not for living there.

Yes I am jealous about everyone who can live in Thailand and not needs to work. I am sure every Farang wants that too, who now needs to work back home and travels 2 or 3 times each year to Thailand. Most are looking forward to that moment they can retire. You can call that jealousy indeed. Someone who is about to die, is I think very jealous about people who are healthy. Someone who is poor and hardly can buy enough food to stay alive, will feel a form of jealousy every time he sees a well paid fellow citizen with an iPhone 6. I mean what is jealousy? Is a person jealous when he wants something another person has? Say you want the new iPad Pro, you plan to buy it in 2 months, and now you see someone with it on the street, are you then jealous at him? What is jealousy?

You make it sound like it is a bad emotion. But in my definition everyone is jealous all the time. All sick people in hospital must be very jealous at the healthy ones. Is it bad for them having that emotion? You make it sound like it is something to be ashamed of.

But I really am interested in how he did it. I asked him once in pm. And the answer was not very clear. I got the idea from that conversation he said "I saved money". But at the same time I also understood from this conversation he only worked for very few years after graduating and went to Thailand then. He had a job there with Thai pay (not Western pay) which he quit very soon. Then I did some calculations and couldn't believe how in such a short time of working he could save so much that he can stay for 5 years in Thailand. I think the question is warranted. Lets see if he is willing to answer. Where is he by the way? He lost his Internet connection?