Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
sympathy for the very small percentage of people who might be genuinely unable to wear a mask.
Unfortunately, I think most of you probably know that in Thailand, that won't make any difference. I suppose this is a harsh way of putting it, but it's true - in Thailand either wear the mask or F.O. - even if the police don't catch you without a mask. You can also get in trouble even if you're wearing the mask, but improperly. Some people pull the mask down below their nose. That is a definite no-no. Sometimes they get away with it and sometimes they don't, but either way it's against the rules and that has been specifically stated by the powers-that-be. You're expected to wear the mask properly.

I don't know what people in Old git's situation can do other than find a suitable mask, as suggested in posts above. Either that or take chances with blood pressure - and I doubt anyone needs me to tell that is not a good idea.

I know of no provisions Thailand makes for people unable to wear a mask. What I do know is they are not going to take kindly to farang not wearing a mask, no matter what the reason.

By the way, in Thailand if you wear those cheap blue masks (like I do), you might want to carry 1 or 2 extra with you. The straps easily break.