Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know the score

Anyone know the score

If one wished to travel to Thailand but one had a previous recent conviction for tax evasion would it cause one any difficulty?

Re: Anyone know the score

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903
    If one wished to travel to Thailand but one had a previous recent conviction for tax evasion would it cause one any difficulty?
    You need to be a bit clearer. Where was the conviction? And are you wondering if you'll be prevented from leaving your home country, or entering Thailand? Are you on the lam, or have you paid your debt to society?

Where?

DELETED

Please,

Get on the same flight over here as Thaksin, they'll be far too busy for you!

In seriousness, I can't really see if your country of origin allows you a passport and to travel, any problems at all.

Depends which visa you go for right? Any that involve a police check in your plans?

Sorry for being vague. I'll try again. I live in UK and don't yet have a conviction for tax evasion here but by the looks of things that may change in the coming months / year or so. To be honest the only thing bothering me is that if and when it happens I am worried that my trips abroad, of which I'm very fond, may become more complicated to get permission for. As for the possible impending trip to "the big house" as we call it, at Her Maj's Pleasure, it's a case of "hey ho, such is life". It's not exactly the Bangkok Hilton after all.

not good but!

Steve,

Your story reminds me of a famous/infamous German national who arrived in Pattata and opened a number of businesses not least a massive German restaurant and Bier Keller. He also had a number of Yachts in Pattaya and was regarded as one of Pattaya's wealthiest men.

He hit major problems in Pattaya after accusations he had avoided paying import tax on one of the Yachts.

Around the same time the German authorities issued an arrest warrant for him regards his great wealth which was the result of theft from an animal charity.

in effect, he was spending money which did not belong to him and was charged with theft and fraud in his country of origin.

He served time in a Thai prison for evading import duty on the Yacht and was deported.

He served time in Germany for the fraud on the charity.

On release, he came back to Thailand and entered via a not so well manned entry point, to visit his child from his Thai wife.

He was re- arrested in Pattaya and deported as an undesirable for serving time in a Foreign prison.

Don't ask me why he was not blacklisted for his Thai offence, I don't know. Maybe, it was because of the Thai wife and family.

He was however, a high profile figure, which I doubt if you are in Thailand.

Blacklisting usually occurs here when you have done something wrong in Thailand or the authorities from your own Country require you and have information you are " hiding out here" to avoid arrest/deportation to your own Country.

Incidentally, They can actually blacklist you here without stating a reason other than they don't welcome you on the grounds you are not good for the Country's image.

Once you get to Pattaya you will feel at home. There are more ex cons, thieves, murderers, scum and ex pats wanted by their own countries legal system than anywhere else in the world.

Why else do you think Pattaya is referred to as the trashcan for the lowest of the low of worlds humanity.

Also of course with the new computerised immigration system coming on line any convictions will soo be flagged up at immigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice
    Once you get to Pattaya you will feel at home. There are more ex cons, thieves, murderers, scum and ex pats wanted by their own countries legal system than anywhere else in the world.

]

Yep, They'll give you a big welcome, if the above is correct, what happened to Miami ??? or Australia?? Cuba even???

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

Well why don't you ring up the Thai embassey in London and ask them? Does a previous conviction and jail sentence for tax (fraud or evasion?) stop a person travelling to Thailand for a holiday?
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies