Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New tourist tax proposal set to be introduced in April after all

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: New tourist tax proposal set to be introduced in April after all

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    . . . Although, I suspect the casual service workers who sometimes visit my room might not be vat registered.
    I’m glad you brought that up goji, because it reminds me of what turned out to be a rather unfathomable incident in my Bangkok apartment back in 2019 when my short-time visitor for the evening was about to leave. I asked him, casually mind you, not in the least bit confrontational, if he would mind providing me with a VAT receipt so that I could make a VAT refund claim. I showed him a form similar to the one below as evidence in support of my request:

VAT.jpg

Well, goodness me, up until then he had been very pleasant and er . . . what can I say, ah yes . . . very obliging. But in the blink of an eye he flew into a rage, ripped my form into shreds and, I’m guessing, said a few very unpleasant things in Thai. Then stormed off in what can only be described as a fury. Needless to say I never off’d him again. And to this day I really don’t understand why he became so unpleasant, do you?
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

2. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (January 13th, 2022)