Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Preparing to Return to Thailand - by Richard Barrow

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Preparing to Return to Thailand - by Richard Barrow

I'm sorry to drone on about this issue, but some of us cannot wait indefinitely for a return; we haven't that amount of time for travel left. Accordingly, I am struggling to prepare myself for a March departure, despite all the obstacles placed in my way by the Thai Government.

And yes, I've bought a flight, a stay an ASQ hotel (remarkably, costing £120) and our hotel booking, though I can cancel the flight at a loss and the Agoda ASQ booking with a full reimbursement.

The Pass still presents problems regarding insurance. Should I use my existing (and generous) one which includes but doesn't mention Covid, or buy a Covid-specific one which may fall foul of the government because it won't include other medical insurance? At least I've plenty of time to work this out. And I'm hoping that the quarantine night will have gone by March and replaced by an airport test.

Also on my mind is the depressing state of Pattaya itself. We don't use the bars much but we shall miss the vibrancy of the Jomtien Complex if they aren't open. We don't want to be the Matt Lucas "only gays in the village." UK readers will know what I mean.

Finally, the continuing prevalence of the virus- including possibly on the plane and taxis, something which could result in quarantine for even those unaffected- and in shops, hotels , remains a concern.

Looking forward to a trip- and its recollection long after- are important aspects of going to Thailand. This time it's hard to be positive. Nevertheless, as Bobby Seale said, "seize the time"; it is not impossible that this time next year, things could be even worse. And I'll be one year older.

2. 9 Users gave Like to post:

billyhouston (November 23rd, 2021), ChrisY (November 22nd, 2021), daydreamer (November 23rd, 2021), dinagam (November 22nd, 2021), francois (November 22nd, 2021), Jellybean (November 22nd, 2021), Kenny (November 22nd, 2021), Lotusleaf (November 23rd, 2021), vnman (November 22nd, 2021)